What's new

World Cup Brazil 2014

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Should've been a red card tbh...

Seriously though, a yellow card is the correct decision... Why I cannot remember, but running into the crowd always get one, like when taking off your shirt to celebrate...

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I know in American soccer they don't make stupid money like every other sport does, but hell, he probably deserves a fine as well. It's not safe for players to go into crowds anymore.

Not as bad as pulling a sharpie out and signing a ball, but pretty damn close.

Pierre

Strata Poster
2012Jarrett said:
My prediction for this:
1st- Messi (Argentina, but mainly just Messi :p )
2nd- Germany
3rd- Netherlands
4th- Brazil

And it's not FIFA, but I was watching American Major League Soccer today and one of the Sporting Kansas City guys scored a goal and immediately ran up to the stands and took a selfie with a group of fans up front...and got a yellow card in the first ever yellow card given out for taking a selfie! XD My chin hit the floor!

EDIT: Link: http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/07/mls-pla ... ellow-card

Oh I knew about this, because Kei Kamara who plays for Middlesbrough recently slagged the club off for doing nothing when he caught Malaria on vacation (don't know what he wanted us to do really) but he was so glad he was in his beloved Kansas City where people care about him (because we didn't apparently, well we don't know). #sodoffbacktokansaskei

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
He didn't run INTO the crowd, just down by the stands. The link I posted had a video. By the looks of things, he went into the press area and did it immediately in front of the stands. But still, he shouldn't have done it!

So he didn't do anything that dangerous, just stupid and arrogant. But had this been FIFA he'd have been the next Luis Suarez or Zidane (and probably been attacked by fans).

I noticed they fired a confetti cannon when SKC scored, I think they now need to blast that horrible #Selfie song with it now. :p

World Cup continues tomorrow and finals are this Sunday. I personally think Brazil's done for without Neymar but they're the last team I supported from the beginning left so I'd like to see them go all the way.

Pierre

Strata Poster
^ MLS is part of the CONCACAF who's organisation body is FIFA. So ultimately it is FIFA.

FIFA governs the majority of football played around the world (with the exception of Kosovan leagues as we have since learnt :lol:)

Smithy

Strata Poster
Kamara, is he the dickhead who came to Norwich and claimed his "secret weapon" was his leap?

Rooting for anyone but Brazil.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Smithy said:
Kamara, is he the dickhead who came to Norwich and claimed his "secret weapon" was his leap?

Rooting for anyone but Brazil.

Might be!! - actually looked quite a good player - then again, with the rubbish they've served up in the last couple of seasons, a jellyfish would look quite good.... ;)

Pierre

Strata Poster
Yeah Kamara played on loan at Norwich at the end of the 2012/13 season. He does have a good leap on him to be fair.

Just a shame he's a díckhead.

Pierre

Strata Poster
I actually predicted there will be seven goals in the game on a Skybet twitter competition. Imagine my disgust when Brazil got a consolation.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Germany are the champions of the world. It was, in my opinion, a dull game, and what the hell was that from Messi? It flew through my **** bedroom window.

They also become the first European team to win the world cup in the Americas.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I wanted Argentina to win because I like Messi but Germany deserved it. On that note, I have to say, all of Germany deserved to win except for Schweinsteiger. Between all the shoving, kicking Messi like that, and the theatrics, this game allowed me to discover that I flat out didn't like the guy. Germany won fair and square, with or without him, but I feel like having that **** on their team made me a little less happy for them. He ought to swim back to Germany. ;)

Congrats to the rest of them though because they deserve it! And I'm impressed that [strike]Team USA[/strike] Howard could stand up to them like that. :D