What's new

Wonder Island | Unknown | Intamin 10 Inversion Coaster

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
So, according to RCDB Wonder Island have purchased an Intamin 10 inversion coaster.

http://rcdb.com/13953.htm

Rumors were originally that it could be a used model and could possibly be altair located at Cinnecita World. I believe these rumors have been quashed as Cinnecita surprisingly reopened this year after a very poor first year.

Another interesting point to consider; the park has advertised the coaster with a top speed of 120kmh approximately 80mph which obliviously doesn't fit the layout of the standard 10 inversion model!

new_ride_2017.png

TilenB

Strata Poster
The park's website mentions that the coaster will be made by the same 'creators' as Velikoluksky Miasokombinat (which is Mack blue fire clone) and also that the coaster will be 14 stories high (which roughly translates to 46 meters). With all those facts summed up, the only info that leads us to think it will be an Intamin is the fact it will have 10 inversions. But on the other hand a 46 meters high custom Mack looper with a top speed of 120 km/h sounds quite massive. I wonder what it is, really...

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Cheer Tilen. It genuinely sounds like they dont have a clue what the are installing! Well another thing that points to intamin is the use of the 10 looper picture aha, hopefully we get a little more info soon. But you're right, a 48m tall, 80mph, 10 inversion coaster would be mad!

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I've been looking into this over the last 25hours and I'm still none the wiser as to the height and speed discrepancy. My searching skills are being somewhat hampered by being at sea with only a mobile connection and a crappy data limit though.

Apart from that mention of the "same people who brought you meat packing coaster" I can't find anything supporting a Mack over an Intamin though. Could they just mean from the same park that brought you....?

The ride is replacing the weird ass looking S&S afterburner. I'm not sure how much space there is around there. Anyone able to look at Google maps and give an estimate?

nadroJ

CF Legend
Love that they're just ignoring the snow and carrying on!

Wonder Island is secretly fab, I'm glad they've now got a couple more big coasters, I'd love to go back to St.Petersburg so this is the perfect excuse!

TilenB

Strata Poster
If anybody thought Velikoluksky Miasokombinat was a weird name for the Blue Fire clone, well, this coaster is now called Velikoluksky Miasokombinat-2. This has to deserve some sort of an award.
I guess the meat packaging plant does indeed invest a lot of money into the park now, so I just hope they won't end up renaming the whole place into Velikoluksky Miasokombinat in the end.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Thinking of visiting this park next year, so good to see this is up and running now!