What's new

Wodan Timbur Coaster: Great or Okay?

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
I will be riding Wodan in less then 3 weeks when i go to Europa Park and looking at the ride on videos of off and on ride it looks great. So far i've heard great things about the theming but little about the coaster itself. Could someone who's ridden it tell me you think and weather its great are just okay. Compare to other GCI's if possible aswell please.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
You'll probably find the only people who answer are the same people who answered in the CF-Live topic; not many will have been on the coaster yet.

I've already written a fairly hefty review in the live topic, but essentially the coaster just never achieves anything. It's fast, smooth and twisty but offers very little airtime (and then only at the front). It's just never really steep enough to make you feel it has that out of control-ness a wooden coaster should.

I've also been on Lightning Racer and Wildcat at Hershey which are GCI's. Wodan is closer to Wildcat in that it's all about speed and twists. Lightning Racer isn't an airtime machine either, but it's got such fantastic interaction between the sides you don't care, it's just pure fun. Wodan doesn't capture the fun side, doesn't lift you out of your seat and is just "meh".

Martyn B

CF Legend
On the other hand, people over at Towerstimes/street/whatever, have been masturbating over it ever since it opened.... but I think that might be a Europa thing...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, that's not a realistic viewpoint at all. Europa is an impressive park, but the majority of the rides are very poor, with only Silver Star, EuroSat and Blue Fire being good. The park as a whole isn't up to Disney quality (it's like Blackpool gone mad - which is a compliment to Blackpool actually, where Blackpool theme well it's good, it's just not consistent; the same as EP) in terms of layout, planning and theming and in terms of ride quality it's outmatched by PA, Alton Towers and probably even Thorpe Park (I'm not even getting into other European parks that have better rides).

So if somebody says an impressive looking, but "okay" park is fantastic and then says that their impressive looking but okay wooden coaster is fantastic... Well, you get the idea ;)

I guess if your experience of wooden coasters is Blackpool (with Nash running badly) and maybe PA, then Wodan would be a highlight in comparison.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I dont think you've understood what I ment, or I failed to get the point across properly. Basically over there they all seem to cream themselves over Wodan, and Europa in general - and come to think about, any park in Germany seems to get covered in their juices, for some reason. But then it could be a Mack thing too. 'Mack' and 'needs tissue' gets mentioned quite a lot.

I really dont know where I'm going with this......

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I understood what you meant, I was just pointing out the real side of it :)

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
I was really looking forward to it after riding the likes of Troy and Joris en de Draak...

Wait a minute Mark! Don't spoil what was said in RCRS for Wodan!

(Majority of CF'ers that were on the Euro Live gave their opinions on it for me! But you can make up your own mind about it!)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Also moved to Coaster Polls & Opinions. Also haven't ridden it... :D