What's new

Witches Wheel being removed at Cedar Point

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
Well Dinosaurs Alive is being removed...

And being replaced by Forbidden Frontier on Adventure Island!

EDIT: looks like Pear beat me to it!

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
FORBIDDEN FRONTIER on ADVENTURE ISLAND

Grab your map and prepare for a minute-by-minute real-life adventure, where you and others are challenged, questioned and pushed to the limits in both brain and brute power. Be immersed in interactive encounters with the island inhabitants, push yourself with physically active challenges that test your resourcefulness and fortitude! It's your job to discover and uncover all that you can; to solve the mystery surrounding the Forbidden Frontier, and return to tell the tale. Every ending is different and determined by you and the secrets you unlock!

The secrets of the Forbidden Frontier will be revealed as we unlock the adventure map, so come back to this page for updates and new surprises. The Forbidden Frontier on Adventure Island opens Summer, 2019.
https://www.cedarpoint.com/explore/forbidden-frontier-on-adventure-island

Sounds intriguing but not quite sure what it actually will be? Some kind of walkthrough experience? An interactive dark ride of some sort?

Snoo

The Legend
Cue the incessant enthusiast bitching in 5..... 4..... 3....

See.. I never get this.. people bitch about passionate people who care about their hobby giving a **** about something like this. Where is the cringy things enthusiasts say thread?

I will say this was underwhelming and knowing Cedar Point.. it will be as such.

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
I just want to know exactly how this was underwhelming? There was no teaser campaign, just a tweet the night before the announcement. Besides, it's the year after they built Steel ****in' Vengeance and it's been hinted at that 2020 will bring something major.

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah, this sounds like a multi-room escape experience. Although, this sounds like it's outside and quite theatrical? This could be pretty great.

peep

CF Legend
Yeah I'm really intrigued as to what this will be, if it is a large escape room-type thing that is quite exciting.

Snoo

The Legend
I just want to know exactly how this was underwhelming? There was no teaser campaign, just a tweet the night before the announcement. Besides, it's the year after they built Steel :emoji_zipper_mouth:in' Vengeance and it's been hinted at that 2020 will bring something major.

How is it underwhelming? This is Cedar Point, that's how. I don't know if you've been to the park but they don't exactly do this "theming" thing, even on those $25 million dollar mega machines. Seeing this teaser and how it was thrown out, I'm willing to bet it will be pay to play, and it will be as cheap and crappy as Dinosaurs Alive, even if the concept is good such as an Escape Room as mentioned above.

Cedar Point has been notorious for grandiose claims of something awesome when it comes to anything non-coaster and consistently coming up short time and again since.. well.. I was a kid. I'd be glad to be proven wrong but high hopes almost always come crashing down.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
The optimist in me considers this a rather cheap attraction that can fill space for a while, not a long-term feature of Cedar Point's lineup. The land can be used for something more spectacular in the future, but that's probably not in the budget just yet. In the meantime, the land can be filled by something that can be built cheaply and removed cheaply. Don't despair, it probably won't be around forever.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
The optimist in me considers this a rather cheap attraction that can fill space for a while, not a long-term feature of Cedar Point's lineup. The land can be used for something more spectacular in the future, but that's probably not in the budget just yet. In the meantime, the land can be filled by something that can be built cheaply and removed cheaply. Don't despair, it probably won't be around forever.

Completely this. There's a lot of land on that island with a ton of potential for future development. This project could allow them to kick off something more profound.

Plus I've heard good things about Ghost Town Alive.

justinmyersm

Mega Poster
I Imagine it's partly driven by cost of parts as well - Witches Wheel was already running on spare parts from Silver Bullet, the Enterprise ride at Geauga Lake.
Really? I had no idea that they were using spare parts from Geauga Lake. Makes sense, but still, it's sad.

Looking at Gemini, I must confess I could totally see it being the next Cedar Point coaster to go. It has aged past forty, it is neither particularly tall nor fast for its park, its layout is approximately as cookie-cutter as layouts get, and it is clearly evident that coaster technology has progressed a lot since it was built. Plus, it does take up a lot of valuable land.
What about Cedar Creek Mine Ride? I honestly see that going before Gemini. CCMR is just old and takes up quite a bit of land.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Hopefully they finally get rid of all that crap they dont need in that area.
They already threw a few of those moonshine jugs in the Steel Vengeance queue - the rest can go. :p