What's new

[WIP] Mumbo Jumbo recreation-Nolimits-Trackwork complete

A

Anonymous

Hi
Noone has yet done a Mumbo Jumbo recreation (i think) so i have started one, i am happy with what i have so far, next i will do the supports, do you think i should do the around area scenery or not, i would need someone to export the track out as a 3ds file for me so i could import it into Wings 3D.

Anyway, here is the picture.

Picture1.png

As you can see, it is doing good in accuracy.

Tell me what you think!

A

Anonymous

Uncle Arly said:
It does look good. Could we get some shots from other angles, and maybe in the sim?
I will take photos in the Sim when i add supports, right now it looks ****

A

Anonymous

You really need to heart-line that track, especially the inline twist and the transition between the turns to the dive-loop. You should work from the yellow heart-line that you can turn on from in the "view" menu.

Overall it looks good, but the shaping of the drop and the dive-loop needs to be sorted before you move to create a 3ds that you can use in Wings3D.

A

Anonymous

loefet said:
You really need to heart-line that track, especially the inline twist and the transition between the turns to the dive-loop. You should work from the yellow heart-line that you can turn on from in the "view" menu.

Overall it looks good, but the shaping of the drop and the dive-loop needs to be sorted before you move to create a 3ds that you can use in Wings3D.
Thanks for telling me, i am really sorry, for a ride like this, i can't change it now, I am halfway through the supports now so they would all screw up.

I appriciate your comment, but its too late to change now.

A

Anonymous

[UPDATE]

Work has started on the supports, i won't be able to get them 100% accurate, i think they look great, i have decided not to do 3Ds work, i will add palm trees around the ride when its complete.

Picture1-1.png

What it looks like in the editor now.

MumboJumbo-090802110141003.jpg

Down the worlds steepest drop!

MumboJumbo-090802110134002.jpg

You can see support work here.

MumboJumbo-090802110116001.jpg

More support work.

MumboJumbo-090802110105000.jpg

The station roof will go soon, it will just be a simple station building.

Tell me what you think!

Jared

Hyper Poster
You need to heartline the sloped roll and that drop doesn't look anywhere near steep enough in my opinion. I can also see a few ares where they're would be pumps.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Stop supporting now, because the track needs to be heartlined. Without the heartline, it's A. not acurate, and B. will be a bit more painful to ride compared to the real thing.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I appriciate your comment, but its too late to change now.

Why? So what if you've done some supports, it's not heartlined at all and you'll be slated for it. Work on the track abit more, move the supports to the new track and you'll be sorted. I don't think you've done a bad job in your positioning, so any tweak-age won't really effect the supports that much, and it would be easily changed.

Just don't be lazy, you've put up pictures for constructive criticism, people have given it (..people who will be eventually judging your ride). Take it, and act on it. Don't just sweep it aside because you've already built a couple of supports.

Unless you want an inaccurate ride.