What's new

Wildwood Scramble (Complete - download and video page 2)

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
I like it. The layout looks nice and twisty, will be good to see whether the lift hil works.

I hope there will be more terraforming than that. It looks a bit pointless.

Brookes

Giga Poster
^^^Cheers Blaze!

^^Thanks!

^Thanks and there is a bit more terraforming, not a lot though, just to make the ground a bit more realistic; don't really like a lot of terraforming. Thanks for the comment though.

Anyway, supporting is coming along slowly but surely:

New-091124174656000.jpg

New-091124174721002.jpg

Brookes

Giga Poster
Triple post but what can you do...

Anyway it's finished, I give you: Wildwood Scramble!

WildwoodScramble-091206122023000.jpg

Download: Click!

Video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbL-8qXVRqk[/youtube]
Enjoy!!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
To be honest, I didn't really know what to expect from this coaster. I knew it wasn't going to be massive, but it was bigger, and better than I thought it would be.

I liked the layout was good. I think you got the kiddy coaster feel right. It wasn't too intense, however it was quite fun. I thought it could've been a bit more unique. I didn't really have anything that really made it memorable.

Trackwork was good. I did notice the odd pump, but that's just the way with these things and I thought you'd built the ride well. Overall the coaster seemed to fit nicely into the area you'd built and I thought the colours matched well.

Overall a good little coaster. I think it had a little more potential, however I can somehow imagine this sort of thing in a park. I'm starting to ramble slightly, however I hope you know what I mean.

6/10. A well built ride, it just lacked a bit of... oomph!

Brookes

Giga Poster
^Ok thanks for the comment Hixee. :)

Any more comments? I would appreciate it if I could get a few more. Thanks.

clecktown

Roller Poster
Really enjoyed this ride.
You don't see many Vekoma Motorbike coasters, so this was nice.
I like the uniqueness of this ride, having the "lift" with a traditional drop instead of a flat launch. A couple of turns, particularly the first two, were also well done.
The track was smooth, the forces were great and not too intense, and the supports were fine too.

For what it is (a large family coaster), it was really good.
8/10

AdamJ

Roller Poster
From watching the video only (as I don't have NL currently installed), I do like the first drop and also the turnaround after the drop. The ride flow's nicely, what you'd expect from a family ride, but I do think it could've been a bit more unique, and maybe a couple more turns.

But yeah, I enjoyed it.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Good--

Flowing, nice mix of elements.
Supports were good.
Track colors were nice.
Speedy lift hill.

Bad--

Lack of airtime, and face hammer force.
Felt repetitive at some points.
Felt short.

You could have pulled off 3g and -0.6g for decent ammounts of time and still classify it as a family ride. Pony Express has forces like this :)