What's new

Wildwood Scramble (Complete - download and video page 2)

Brookes

Giga Poster
My new project is a Vekoma Motorbike - coincidence that I am making one when Blaze just relelased one but I had started this before that was released.

Anyway it is inspired by SW6 even though it is a motorbike coaster: tyre drive lift, mostly low hills and turns, plus a dark foresty look. All that's done so far is the layout, here are some screens, colours aren't final:

New-091027084550000.jpg

New-091027084137001.jpg

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Now that is different...but I like it.

Your last bike coaster (the only finished one I've seen on here I think) was excelent, so I'm really looking forward to this.

Any more pics of the layout?

Brookes

Giga Poster
^Thanks and yup got a bit more now. The colours and ground have changed as I thought it was a bit too dark before. Also done terraforming as can be seen in the screen below. Supports are probably going to be the same colour as the train:

New-091027163205000.jpg

EDIT: Changed supports to like a goldy colour with the track as the blue before, and the trains a combination of the two. Not totally sure though anyone got any good ideas for support colour?

Brookes

Giga Poster
Couldn't find any good colours at all, then remembered the colours from Motorbike Launch Coaster and was inspired, so total colour change plus bit of supporting below:

New-091028180716000.jpg

EDIT: Changed the yellow on the train to a grey and made the gear colour a bit darker, looks better imo.

jokerman

Giga Poster
I don't like the colours, but I can understand them.

Can't comment much on layout from the pictures provided. In the picture above is the banking correct, just looks a bit odd.

Brookes

Giga Poster
^Ok thanks for the comment.

Is this kind of supporting sufficient for the lift? Or do they need a brace?

New-091029175628000.jpg

A

Anonymous

^ Compare it to other similar structures, and yes I would recomend you to use braces on some (not all) of them...

Brookes

Giga Poster
Well there's never been a lift on a motorbike coasters but I was thinking like a lift on bi-rail uses the same size support with a brace, so I'll put a brace from say the 3rd one up from where it is straight.

Xpress

Strata Poster
They need cross bracings. For the lower supports, you can use the A frame minus the crossbeam inbetween them.

IMO, too many supports. Cut out a couple :)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^I think that should be fine.

Xpress was meaning A-frames without the cross-beam. As for what he meant by Cross-Bracing, I can only assume you've got it right.

I'm not sure about the lift on a coaster style like this. They seemed to me to always be about the launch. However, I reckon you could get a good ride out of this. I'm looking forward to seeing this coaster completed. It's certainly give me a few ideas. :lol:

Brookes

Giga Poster
Well I've changed the colours again but I think I like these now. I have also added more supports and changed some to add more support:

New-091101184513000.jpg

New-091101184705001.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Agreed. Keep those colours, they look good.

I also hope there is more terraforming than that one hill. ;)

Brookes

Giga Poster
I know you guys said keep them colours but I couldn't get into liking them so changed to something which is hopefully final, as this is the first colour scheme I have properly liked for this coaster, supporting is a bit slow at the moment due to college work, but it should speed up now it is almost the off season so I won't be busy every Saturday:

New-091106201406000.jpg

Blaze

Hyper Poster
That turn looks great and the colours are nice. Supports also look great. Prefered the original black/grey the most but these are probably my favourite since.