What's new

Wildlands Family Zoo Emmen | Tweestryd | Vekoma Dueling Family Boomerang

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
According to RCDB, this park will be getting a custom dueling family boomerang from Vekoma:-

RCDB:- https://rcdb.com/15162.htm

Looopings article with concept image:- http://www.looopings.nl/weblog/7767/Wildlands-Emmen-bouwt-dubbele-family-boomerang-coaster.html

(Couldn't copy the image onto the site directly)

EDIT: Included the image from the article. Hixee
300517track.jpg

Last edited:

ThomVD

Giga Poster
I've visited the old Emmen zoo, which was pretty nice. This is the new updated version so nice to have an extra reason to visit. I'm actually interested in how much the duelling gimmick will affect the ride. But in the worst case, yay, easy +2.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
That's a fairly exciting iteration of the family boomerang model :) It's more a racing layout than really duelling, but there should still be some nice interactions.

Lofty

CF Legend
This place is obscene, it's how every zoo or wildlife park should operate - immersive and interactive. Excited to see these two new coasters added!

Sneaky

Roller Poster
Yay! 2 new coasters just 12km from my house! :D
I visited the park last October and its a really nice park with a lot of room for the animals, great theming and a very nice 4d theater (Arctic 1).
I will possibly buy a season pass soon, so I can provide some updates from time to time.:)

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Does anyone know what the longest Vekoma family boomerang is, and if this will beat it? I think it's Raik but I'm not sure.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Does anyone know what the longest Vekoma family boomerang is, and if this will beat it? I think it's Raik but I'm not sure.
Unfortunatley RCDB doesn't seem to want to let me sort these results by length (I don't know the system behind when you do/don't get the "Modify Report" option), but: https://rcdb.com/r.htm?ot=2&ml=12836

The results aren't awfully clear, but Fireball at Furuvik (https://rcdb.com/14047.htm) and Raik at Phantasialand (https://rcdb.com/13689.htm) have the longest listed length. This one, the one at Vinpearl Land and the two under construction ones don't have lengths listed.

Lofty

CF Legend
[I disagree with you], ATI.

Friendly mod edit: Please express your discontent in a less colourful language in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Learn your :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing place, ATI.
Or maybe you don't antagonize him? He was right in that all those Family Boomerangs were the same layout model- the Rebound. Yes, RCDB shows different lengths for each coaster, but how could he know that? Most clones have the same layout, so it would be logical to assume they have the same length. So what he's wrong? You should learn from mistakes, not get bullied over this sort of thing.

This whole idea of superiority in this community really grinds my gears. Especially this hate over newer members. When we started out online, I'm sure we all had some cringeworthy posts. I'm no exception. But I learned from my mistakes, and improved as a poster. Part of this I'm crediting to the friendliness of CoasterForce. You all(at least when I was starting out) were giving me rather encouraging posts, and never really said anything negative to my face. I don't doubt I have some flaws people have problems with, and I'm sure the same is true for many people. But I wouldn't go out posting these derogatory comments on every factual mess up you make. This constant barrage of these negative comments against someone won't help them improve, it's going to make them think they're objectively wrong whenever they post. Our community isn't about constantly calling people out on their mistakes and bashing them for it- we're about inclusiveness and acceptance. Doing this is just going to cause him to leave the forum, and possibly cause lurkers to avoid posting at all. I don't want this to happen, and I doubt any of you want to as well. Yeah, ATI might not be the best poster there is, but let him improve for ****'s sake! All of us had that chance, so why berate him now? And going back to your original quote Lofty, there's no 'place' here on the forums! The only hierarchy that exists is that of the staff members over regular members, but that doesn't make us any more or less qualified to post. If you want to say something, say it! Don't make people think they can't because they're inferior to you. All of this bickering over pointless faff like this makes me sick. All of you should know better than that.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Hes also pretty much spot on. All the rebounds are identical layout wise with the exception I believe of Velociraptor at Paultons which was the original and there were some minor tweaks to the following ones to make them run better.
The other three (Fireball, Boomerang and London Loop) are identical.

Furuvik lists Fireball as longer as it has a funky bit of themeing with the track splitting at the top of the spike. The distance the train travels isn't actually any different.
spike.JPG