What's new

Wildcat RMC?

Obsidianbro12

Roller Poster
Hola friendos \

So after seeing a lot of videos and comments on the internet saying that Wildcat at Hersheypark is rough, and one other predicting Hershey's plans for the future, I started thinking about what a great RMC hybrid could be made out of that track structure. It's got a great curved drop and some airtime moments for RMC to work with. I think this coaster is worth RMC-ing (unlike Roar :? ) because of its rough ride. I like it now, but if Wildcat is given the RMC treatment, than it could be one of the best coasters on the east coast(er). What do you guys think? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

-Obsidian

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Maybe in the future, but definitely not 2016. It's already basically confirmed that Roar is getting RMC'd. It'd make a great RMC, don't get me wrong, but it just won't happen in 2016.

zips_6

Roller Poster
Hersheypark is my hometown, so as much as I would like to see RMC work with Wildcat, I don't think it will happen. I predict that Iron Horse treatments will diminish in popularity within the next couple of years. By the team it gets into Hershey execs' heads that Wildcat could benefit greatly, RMC won't really be looking for buyers.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Wildcat is awful, so any sort of RMC treatment would help greatly (even removing the ride completely would be an improvement!). And it's not like that park would be losing anything, because they'd still have Lightning Racer, a far better GCI.

Sure, it is indeed possible, but it probably won't happen anytime soon.

Intricks

Strata Poster
zips_6 said:
Hersheypark is my hometown, so as much as I would like to see RMC work with Wildcat, I don't think it will happen. I predict that Iron Horse treatments will diminish in popularity within the next couple of years. By the team it gets into Hershey execs' heads that Wildcat could benefit greatly, RMC won't really be looking for buyers.
Uhhhh......what?

If a park is going to offer money for a company to remake a ride, whether it is being done anymore or not, the company will do as the park requests as they are a business.

I honestly think that something will be happening to Wildcat eventually. Even with the buying of the extra land and the moving of that onenside street, the area of land they bought is apparently a flood plain, so wouldnt make much use. So they would more or less look into fixing up, removing or converting rides that are less popular.

I think they would ask GCI first to do something with Wildcat before checking out RMC though.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
zips_6 said:
Considering how well received each of them has been, they aren't going anywhere.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Obsidianbro12

Roller Poster
Intricks said:
zips_6 said:
Uhhhh......what?

If a park is going to offer money for a company to remake a ride, whether it is being done anymore or not, the company will do as the park requests as they are a business.

I honestly think that something will be happening to Wildcat eventually. Even with the buying of the extra land and the moving of that onenside street, the area of land they bought is apparently a flood plain, so wouldnt make much use. So they would more or less look into fixing up, removing or converting rides that are less popular.

I think they would ask GCI first to do something with Wildcat before checking out RMC though.

I agree. RMC is always going to be looking for business, even if they do go out of style (which seems unlikely.) Plus, making this addition would probably boost the amount of visitors to the park. I went really early into the season when Laff Trakk opened (I live near there) and when Skyrush opened and they both had HUGE lines because they were new. They appealed to the masses, and an RMC would do the same.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
It wasn't that rough I didn't think. I don't understand at all why people moan about it so much. That being said, it's not a particularly good coaster either, so an RMC would obviously be a large improvement, though I don't see it happening. I don't usually like making claims like this as it's basically guessing, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was removed within the next couple of years. It's quite dispensable at Hershey Park, with Lightning Racer being a superior GCI with the added racing element, so removing it and replacing it with something that adds more diversity to the parks line-up would probably be a smarter move. Arguably though, an RMC would do this, so it just depends on what Hershey Park wants to do. Maybe they will get GCI to retrack it or something in order to make it last another 5 or so years, but I'm not sure how likely this is.