What's new

Wildcat removed from Pleasureland Southport

Matt N

CF Legend
I just saw on RCDB that the Wildcat at Pleasureland Southport was removed after 39 years of operation in 2017. Very sad to discover two UK coaster closures in one day. Did anyone have any fond memories of this ride?
P.S. Sorry if there's already a topic.

davidm

Strata Poster
It has somewhat of a history of being removed and returned to the same site (so much so that rcdb doesn't attempt to track it), so wouldn't necessarily think its final this time.

rob666

Hyper Poster
...and it was crap.
It is also a different ride than the original one.
And maybe they are making room for Knightmare...hahaha.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I have memories. I wouldn't really call them fond ones.

A sad decision for the park though because Southport has improved a great deal over the last few years and is actually looking more of a real and coherent park. Wildcat was the largest thing there. Although, I guess the new looper has trumped it? Assuming all the rides are independently-owned, perhaps the owners didn't like the competition? To be honest, it might yet return. That thing has been coming and going from Southport for years.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Not ridden it for years as the sign said it needed a minimum of 2 riders and I've only been on my own lately. I'm not going to miss it, but in the day it was a fun ride.