What's new

wild mouse/bobsled coaster (uc) update! 17/10/09

jack.bell

Mega Poster
okay so i thought i would have a shot at building a wild mouse ride and at the moment are not succeeding overly well (mind you i havent touched no limits in almost a year and its my first coaster since then.) the idea came to me after i rode vilda mussen at grona lund (stockholm if you dont know.) the ride so far has some tight turns (wild mouse) and sweeping drops (bobsled coaster) and well i will let the pictures show you what has happened so far none of the colours are final they are just what they were when i took the shots. enjoy ! (or not)
project1-091016170449000.jpg

project1-091016172206001.jpg

project1-091016172145000.jpg

jack.bell

Mega Poster
/\ lol but i can kinda see where he is coming from tho! it is abit similar with some sharp twists and some long curvy dropping bits! lol!

Xpress

Strata Poster
Crazycoaster said:
Umm... reaaaally?

Euro Mir looks like THIS:

euromir7.jpg

Any resemblance? Nope. None.

I said KINDA, as in it takes parts from it, I.E. the swooping turns, and the wild mouse hairpin turns.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Nah, those supports look wierd. Probally because they arn't all at the same angle. I'd do 3 or 4 seperate A frames or /| shaped like the lift ones.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Yeah, you need A frames there. Or what you could do is make both sections have vertical columns, then connect the two inbetween near the top with a cross beam, then have the A frames on the lift hill.

jack.bell

Mega Poster
yea but the bottom of the lift hills a frames are the other side of that track so any supports from the other track eould collide with those on the lift hill?

Xpress

Strata Poster
^Be creative then. There's plenty of potential for it. And FYI, theres too many supports spaced too close together. For that lift hill, you'd only need like 4-5 support columns.

jack.bell

Mega Poster
Xpress: yea okay i will sirt that out!

Arly: the ride isnt a normal version of that type its going to be a much more spread out and will once completed have good interaction with the scenery. so im making almost a new version of the rides. and no it wont be (very) realistic!

cheers jack