What's new

Why is Furius Baco so rough?

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Why is it so rough? Is it the track, the train or a combination of both?

My guess is the wings of the train aren't as structurally sound as the ones on B&Ms wing coasters causing them to shake and bounce up and down.

I actually think the ride is fab but "jesus christ its so **** rough" was a quote from me just 20 minutes ago as I rode at the back outer right seat.

If the ride was smooth it would be launch coaster perfection. The launch itself is actually smoother than Stealth's and the barrel roll is fine and fun but the rest isnt too great unfortunately. Overall the ride is just a bit rougher than Dragon Khan (its one hell of a rough ride but I love it)

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
But Dragon Khan isn't rough, so by logic your saying this isn't rough. ;)
Khan is intense, every ride I've had on Khan I've never hit my head on the harness, or came off with a head ache and broken back, unlike Baco.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
^ When was the last time you rode Khan? Although I enjoy it Ive been finding it extremely rough wherever I sit and I have to keep my head forward to avoid a brutal ear bashing. Notably rough parts include the pull out of the first drop which violently shakes and the turn after the second loop is pretty nasty.

Smithy

Strata Poster
I noticed Khan was a bit rougher than usual last time I visited actually.

It wasn't a patch on Baco but it was a bit rattly.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
cjbrandy said:
^ When was the last time you rode Khan? Although I enjoy it Ive been finding it extremely rough wherever I sit and I have to keep my head forward to avoid a brutal ear bashing. Notably rough parts include the pull out of the first drop which violently shakes and the turn after the second loop is pretty nasty.
Last month actually, found it the smoothest it's been for years, maybe it's just my height and body shape, but Khan was far from rough.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Nah it was rough for me too and I visited end of 2013 I think, moreso than when I had first ridden it and it wasn't a one-off. It was still as intense as ever but there were a few parts that were rattly.

I'd definitely not class it as a painful rough, the thing that stopped me re-riding lots was it's sheer intensity but that's part of it's charm.

Only rode Baco the once though and wouldn't bother again.

zazobo

Hyper Poster
I rode Khan for the first time in June of this year, I was expecting something fairly abrasive because of other's comments but it was surprisingly smooth! Quite re-ridable in fact.

However, I also think that Colossus at Thorpe is smooth...

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
zazobo said:
I rode Khan for the first time in June of this year, I was expecting something fairly abrasive because of other's comments but it was surprisingly smooth! Quite re-ridable in fact.

I also rode in June and found it very smooth, never liked Khan due to it's roughness but recently it's been fine.

zazobo

Hyper Poster
owentaylor121 said:
zazobo said:

I also rode in June and found it very smooth, never liked Khan due to it's roughness but recently it's been fine.

Yeah it was lovely actually, had really expected to hate it due to roughness. I have a couple of theme park newbies with me who also found it pleasant which says something!

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
owentaylor121 said:
zazobo said:

Jheeze thats only 2 months ago, as much as I enjoyed DK it was as rough as Infusion. Perhaps the trains are due a new wheel change or something?

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I don't find DK that rough. Maybe a little as it's quite old but nothing in the league of Infusion and not even on the same planet as Baco. Man up people!

No one as actually answered the original question. I assume it's something to do with the design allowing too much vibration in the seats. They certainly never made a sequel.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Mysterious Sue said:
I don't find DK that rough. Maybe a little as it's quite old but nothing in the league of Infusion and not even on the same planet as Baco. Man up people!

No one as actually answered the original question. I assume it's something to do with the design allowing too much vibration in the seats. They certainly never made a sequel.

I can certainly see why they never made a sequel, I know they probably wouldn't but they should do what Sony keep doing to games: make a remastered edition!

Furius Baco with the new, smoother Intamin track like on I305 and Skyrush plus a revised train design as well as the tunnel being finished and made into a themed house like it was supposed to would arguably make it the best launch coaster in the world!

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
ThomVD said:
No way it would beat Helix even if it was glass smooth <3

Oh yeah and ispeed as well to be fair but it would be a fantastic coaster and hydraulic launches are a dying breed which are significantly more intense than LIM/LSM launches despite they're drawbacks. On Mitch Hawker 2013 it sits at place no 150 but "Furius Baco: remastered" would be good enough to get in the top 40 IMO and I would totally whore it.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I didn't find Baco too rough. With that in mind it's not even close to being the "best launch coaster in the world." Not. Even. Close.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
^Do you remember where you sat when you rode it? My ride on the second row on an inside seat was just a bit rattly but I really had to brace myself on the back row outer right seat. It probably wouldn't be the world's best if it was as smooth as a new B&M but in my opinion it would be up there because of the intense hydraulic launch and beautiful Mediterranean setting.

jdbrandy8

Roller Poster
^^I didn't find it too rough either, obviously it isn't anything compared to a smooth B&M like The Swarm, however the ride itself I thought was brilliant and I would much rather re ride it than Stampida blue for example

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
jdbrandy8 said:
^^I didn't find it too rough either, obviously it isn't anything compared to a smooth B&M like The Swarm, however the ride itself I thought was brilliant and I would much rather re ride it than Stampida blue for example

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess you have a better tolerance to roughness than me! I got you to sit on the outer seats most of the time aswell aha