What's new

Whos going to be making use of the £9.50 Sun Disney tickets?

rich210uk

Mega Poster
Hello

Just got the letter today with my 1st token, 10 to collect for the deal as it was last year. Cant go wrong for £9.50! 2 tickets and ferry crossing. We normally go for a day trip, its a long old day but worth it!

We get the ferry that arrives in Calais around 5-6am and arrive there just in time for opening. Spend the first part in the Studios and then at lunch, around 1-2pm move on to main park. We leave the main park around 10pm to catch a night ferry at Calais. Many people say it cant be done in a day but to be honest because its mid week and low season the place is empty! :)

marc

CF Legend
Re: Whos going to be making use of the £9.50 Sun Disney tick

I read about this the other and tbh a day trip means leaving home at 1am to get the 3am crossing so you can get to the park when it opens.

We done this a few years ago and were so tired we did not enjoy the 1st day so I don't think its worth it. We stayed for a few days though and thank god we did.

Its a good offer if you don't mind being totally warn out.

Both parks can be done in a day but you don't enjoy it as much and it just becomes a cred run.

Ben

CF Legend

That sounds like my absolute idea of Hell.

DLRP is a serious hole <//3

rich210uk

Mega Poster

Not a fan then Ben?

We've done the sun deal twice already and yes it's a long day but we both seem to get through it ok :) I think. She loves it out there and because we have done it so many times we don't need a lot of time in there, just do the bits we really like.

nadroJ

CF Legend

I don't think I'd ever drive to DLP, it's just gross, especially when you can get the Eurostar literally to the park. So much easier/less tiring.

marc

CF Legend
It's ok if u can split the drive, or for us it's 2 hours to Dover 90 min crossing and 3 hours to Disney. Yeah really worth it for a day lol.

Mark and I felt like we were still on the boat when going on the rides so had to leave the park at 3pm and lay down was just too much.

It does work out cheaper to drive though than spend £150 on Eurostar.

Colossus

Giga Poster

I see why people would drive, but for me personally that would be far to much of a ball ache, whereas getting St Pancras for me would be very easy so id pay the extra for more relaxation time and lower stress levels.

Lofty

CF Legend

This isn't even worth buying the SUN for. Horrible ****.

marc

CF Legend
See for us it's only about 2 hours to drive there plus it's easier to get home. It takes 2 hours to get to London and only 2 hours to drive to Dover.

I hate Eurostar every single time I have used the service I have had problems and delays. 1st time it took 4 hours to get from Ashford to Disney, 2nd time a broken seat all the way there and 3rd time screaming kids.

Martyn B

CF Legend

I've thought about doing it, but I dont think a day is enough to enjoy it properly. I like to go to the Village for a meal in the evening.

And I agree with Marc, Eurostar is crap.

nadroJ

CF Legend

^I guess it's all about your own experiences though. I've been on the Eurostar........maybe 4 trips now? (so 8 journeys) and have never had a problem. I've always been comfortable and found it so easy and nice to be able to catch up on a bit of sleep whilst travelling to the park, so I'm not too exhausted when I get there.

I do think it is overpriced though. I was looking at going back to DLP this year (Sam's family want to go) but it's the Eurostar prices that put me off. It's pretty much the same price as accommodation and tickets for 3 nights as it is for the bloody Eurostar! Massively overpriced, but I guess they can capitalise on people wanting to go to Disney.

rich210uk

Mega Poster

Eurostar would be nice but we got a qoute for £298! Plus the times they depart and arrive would mean a nights stop which is another £50-£100, plus 2 days park ticket at £208. Thats around £600 for a 2 day trip where the sun, although a long day gets us there for around £100!

We like going there but dont like it enough to spend £600 for 1 night :) We only paid £600 for a week in Lake Garda lol