What's new

Who is up for a new NL Comp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snoo

The Legend
Looking at reviving some of the love for the NL that Dave used to have. Anyone want to do work?

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
I could try and enter. Probably won't get the entry uploaded until a few days after the deadline but I'll try.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Sure, I'll join. Will give me something to sidetrack myself from my current projects that are seemigly going nowhere again.

Switching between the hideouts'...

Snoo

The Legend
I was going to wait a few days, but it looks like we have enough to get something going. Interest was key. :D

Well give me a day or so and I'll knock together something. :D

Jer

Strata Poster
You dont need to use .3ds files for comps Justin. look at my dev topic, the most recent track was a comp track, and there were no .3ds files, just great track work and custom supports .

Xpress

Strata Poster
Lets do this.

Bottom_Feeder_13 said:
All my rides reek of newton but I'm in.

Given that CF is so close minded about it for reasons unbeknownst to really anyone, you won't even be able to use it.

jjjjustin said:
God I hope theres no .3ds allowed! :p

.3ds have never won a competition. Judges don't (or at least they should not) rate on object work alone, their rating should be based upon the track you have presented. That being said, nobody is going to care about object work anyways.

I have seen overly done .3ds tracks place last in competitions in favor of just a basic track.

Jer

Strata Poster
Not being allowed to use tools for a comp track isn't "close minded" it's leveling the playing field so that all levels of builders have an equal opportunity to win, because we all know that the tooled tracks would sweep the first sports because they're "better" it's almost cheating in a comp the way I see it.

Snoo

The Legend
I'll make a thread here later.. but no 3D's will be allowed.. along with tools.. XPRESS.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.