What's new

Whiting out on Nemesis and Nemesis Inferno...

Have you ever whited/blacked out or felt like you might on...

• Nemesis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nemesis Inferno

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Both

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I'm on a mission...

I'm convinced that more people white out on Inferno than they do Nemesis. Could this be a sign of Inferno's growing intensity...?

IF YOU HAVE NEVER WHITED/BLACKED OUT OR FELT LIKE YOU MIGHT, DON'T ANSWER THE POLL. BUT YOU ARE WELCOME TO POST YOUR OPINION.

PLEASE POST EXPLAINING YOUR INNOCENT. THE DATE OF WHEN IT HAPPENED, IF YOU HAD RIDDEN THE COASTER BEFORE WITH NO TROUBLE, WHERE ON THE RIDE IT HAPPENED AND IF YOU'RE PRONE TO THIS ON OTHER RIDES.

I recon that Inferno is rapidly growing in intensity and in some places it's more intense that Nemesis.

I've felt like i was going to white out on Inferno nearly every time i've visted this year and actually whited out twice... Never on Nemesis and never before this year on Inferno. Arguably, i never used to go to Thorpe as much nor do i go to Alton Towers more than 2-3 times a year max, thats why i'm doing this poll........

Please explain yourself and whether you argree/disagree with the possibility that Inferno might be more intense in places and why.

Thanx guys.

FastAndFurious

Mega Poster
I never grayed/blacked out on a coaster. I doubt it can be experienced if the force is 5 G or less however some people claim to notice some kind of gray outs. Both rides, Nemesis and N:I are classed as intense for me as well as Boomerang in the loop.

Mark

Strata Poster
I have indeed nearly had a white out on Inferno, last season. It was entering the Vertical Loop.

Although I would bear in mind that I have ridden Inferno far more many times then I have Nemesis and therefore the chances of me having had the situation occur are far greater on the Inferno side.

Will

Strata Poster
Had a grey on Nemesis earlier this year. Not nice - sight and hearing both went between first curve and inline...

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
When i've had these odd 'white outs' i felt dizzy for a moment as white splodges appeared around the edge of my vision and my hearing or anythign else is not effected. The strange experiance often starts at the top of the loop and my vision starts to go at the base of it. On Inferno, it returns back to normal as the train hits the zero-g.

I just find it strange how this has only started happenign this year. It seems everyone is having similar experiances on Inferno. Az claimed half the ride just didnt seem to happen once.

I doubt it can be experienced if the force is 5 G or less
Sorry, but that is a really stupid comment.

It depends on the person.

Although I would bear in mind that I have ridden Inferno far more many times then I have Nemesis and therefore the chances of me having had the situation occur are far greater on the Inferno side.
Same here.

AeRo

Hyper Poster
Nope..never felt anything like that on any ride.....except sick on spinny ones that go on for too long.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Well, ya know, how hot things are will also have a factor in people's answers, since the hotter it is, the harder for the blood to circulate, and the easier it is for you to get light headed. I mean, while we were at Dorney Park in the 95 degree heat, I was having blurry spots and going into tunnel vision on all the rides (except for the Ferris Wheel, hehe).

Even at CP, on hot days, I'll get a lil dizzy and start to go into tunnel vision on Magnum (not talking about the actual tunnels! :lol:), Mantis, Raptor or WT. Were in the fall and the beginning of the season, I'm not effected one bit. Just thought I'd point that out.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
I did on nemesis after the helix and entering the camel back over the station, where you photograph was taken. Everything went black and then we had just come out of the vertical loop :? I blacked out on Rita aswel, which i thought was quite odd.

FastAndFurious

Mega Poster
If I had to name the most intense parts I would pick the loop on NI and the first drop (when it accelerates while going down the hill) on Nemesis.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I'd say the most intense part of N:I is coming out of the loop and into the zero-g, because thats where i often feel quite faint.

...But i've never experianced that feeling on Nemesis.

Does anyone else know the feeling? Like... you feel like you might faint but you don't and recover quickly. You suddenly feel dizzy and almost weightless as your stomach begisn to churn...

Sam

Giga Poster
My first ever time on Nemesis in 1998 I got dizzy when going through the helix after the corkscrew. But other than that I've had no side effects from riding either Inferno or Nemesis.

Ben

CF Legend
My last ride on Inferno, the day after the Chessington Live, I felt very odd in two locations, the corner after the zero-g and the last wingover and the first helix.

I've never felt anything odd on Nemesis.

Will

Strata Poster
bezzzzzer said:
I did on nemesis after the helix and entering the camel back over the station, where you photograph was taken.
Exactly the same place that it happened to me earlier this month - took me less time to recover, but it was very strange. Not to mention the fact that I was next to total strangers going "I greyed out..." which they thought was even weirder...

Angel

Hyper Poster
Only ever happens to me when im tired ... that applies to all rides

Never happened to me on Nemesis but it has on inferno on the vertical loop. Only place it has though.

Ed

Roller Poster
Only once at the bottom of Nemesis Inferno's loop, my brain kind of felt 'crushed', or pressured, and the my eyes felt wierd and it was a bit blurry.

This was after 2 repeat rides.

Nadia

Mega Poster
Everything on Nemesis Inferno, part of why I hate it so much, I can't enjoy it when it totally disorientates me and makes me feel like i'm dying!!!

Like Nemesis though and that's never made me feel like i'm going to blackout!!

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
I've never felt a blackout/whiteout thingy or anything like this before...
I reckon with some people its down to how relaxed you are on a ride, if your tense I guess you adrenalin gets the better of you?