Which is better?

• Samsung LE32B550A5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toshiba Regza

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ollie

CF Legend
For my 18th Im getting a new TV. I've been looking around online for the best one within my price range and have narrowed it down to two TVs. I don't know much about TVs and the only requirements I had was that it had to be 32" and 1080p.
I'm mostly going to use it for gaming so whichever one gives the best picture and sound for that is what I'm looking for.

So yeah out of these two TV's which one would be the best for me to get?

Samsung LE32B550A5
LINK
or
Toshiba Regza
LINK!

Steven

Giga Poster
Go to www.richersounds.com and get a Sony T.V. LCD (of course :roll: ) and enjoy T.V. the way it should be.

Also you cannot beat there 5 year Guarantee and advice. We get all our T.V. DVD etc. there. Only ever had 1 problem machine out of about 6 (Cheap make btw) and in the end they just switched it for another, better model in the end to save the trouble of repairing and the best thing was despite it being a DVD player we got a Blue Ray/DVD Player with up scaling as a loan machine every time it broke! Nothing but praise. However our new one is just DVD :( but still better than the original. So they kept to there guarantee. Unlike some which have hidden clauses. :evil: (Curries, PC World) Just to name a few.

Emmett

Giga Poster
^I agree and I think the Toshiba looks better and it also has 32 positive reviews compared to the 10 reviews for the Samsung. They both seem closely matched.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Oh yeah that'd make sense I guess! Outrage over :lol:

Theres not enough information on the Samsung page to be honest to make a decision.

Ollie

CF Legend
Lol thanks. It's tied at the moment. :lol:
Also when a TV says it has a HDMI socket on the side how do you know which side as my HDMI lead will probably only reach from my PS3 if it's on the right. Unless there's some xtention cable you can get for it.

Emmett

Giga Poster
They are usually on the rear right hand side on the lcd tv's. You can see them on the right hand side in the photos for the Samsung tv. I'd check the main Toshiba site first to check what side they are on as you can't see anything in the photos.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Don't buy either and get £350 worth of Cocaine instead. Make it an 18th to remember ;) :p

Ollie

CF Legend
Also with all these fancy features that the TVs say they have you have no idea how much of a difference it'll actually make.
Saying that I am slightly swaying toward the Toshiba at the moment as it looks like it does more but Samsung is a better at making good TVs so should be better quality shouldn't it?

Pierre

Strata Poster
furie said:
Don't buy either and get £350 worth of Cocaine instead. Make it an 18th to remember ;) :p

3422432227_722fdf1227.jpg
Peter Collings likes this.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It's all about Sony Bravia. ;) I've never seen a clearer Xbox picture than on our Sony (40" baby!) TV.

That is all I have to offer. Thank you and goodbye.

Ollie

CF Legend
^Are they around the same price range? The Sony ones I saw were more expensive.
Also which one has the best sound quality out of the two I selected? And maybe in a year or so's time if I decide to get surround sound will it have the right sockets to plug it in?
Thanks for all your help so far though. I'm not very good with all the tech details lol.

Steven

Giga Poster
Ollie said:
The Sony ones I saw were more expensive.

:banghead: With good reason they are better.

Got a Sony Style near buy? Options a) get a T.V. from the local dump and get £150 off easy ;) . It's what we are doing and it is not illegal. b) Save the extra money and get the better T.V.

Hope that helps :--D

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
If it were me, I'd go for the Toshiba for the simple reason that I'd rather give my money to the Japanese than the Koreans.

Steven

Giga Poster
Sony and Samsung are pretty much together when it comes to top spec T.V.s.
Sony still pip the mark though on the Top Top range T.V.s. However at this size it is still very close but Sony is a clear winner then Samsung then Toshiba. Oh and by the way Ollie I have voted.