Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
During Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II's glorious reign, she has sat three times for a coin portrait.

queencoins.jpg

I think in the 1968 mint, she looks a bit promiscuous. With that dress hanging off her shoulders like a slut and that vacant, inexperienced gaze, she looks a bit cheap.

In 1985, she had been on the throne for 30-odd years. The pose she's pulling is so regal, yet relaxed and confident. Ok, so she's aged a bit, but she's still in the "doable" limit. For me, this is where she's the foxiest. Even her hat is the best.

Not much to say about the 1998 one tbh. Her jowls have dropped. She looks old.

At what portrait do you think the Queen looks her foxiest?

nealbie

CF Legend
Ian said:
I think in the 1968 mint, she looks a bit promiscuous. With that dress hanging off her shoulders like a slut and that vacant, inexperienced gaze, she looks a bit cheap.

In 1985, she had been on the throne for 30-odd years. The pose she's pulling is so regal, yet relaxed and confident. Ok, so she's aged a bit, but she's still in the "doable" limit. For me, this is where she's the foxiest. Even her hat is the best.

This. Word for word!

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
In 1968, she looks like she's not taken much cock at all. I'll go with 1985 - I'd prefer a modest woman whom has had experience.

In 1998, she looks like death.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
nealbie said:
Ian said:

This. Word for word!
Quoted again for truth. She looks the hottest in 1968, but in terms of maturity and odd MILF style appeal, 1985 for me please.

Martyn

Giga Poster
You're all very wrong, it's the bloody Queen.

I love a posh bird, but really people, come on.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Martyn, this is the Queen we're talking about. Regardless how un/attractive she is, it's the Queen!

Martyn

Giga Poster
Heh.

I've just gone through the change in my wallet and found three coppers with the first image on. All from 1971. That kind of blows my mind.

Also, what was on the coins before she did the first one?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
When the lady from the Royal Mint replied to my email, she only mentioned those three portraits, so I'm guessing it was King George VI pre-1968...?

Although I doubt they would have gone 16 years after her coronation before thinking "Oh yeah, we best get Liz in to pose for the coins", especially as decimalisation (therefore new coins) occurred in 1975.

Martyn

Giga Poster
I just read a page that said she's been on the coins since '53, but I can't find any convincing pictures.

kimahri

CF Legend
I'm not attracted to pennies.

But the 50p*, PHWOAR, aye? PHWOAR!

* Is the queen even on the 50p coin?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I reckon she was at her foxiest before the hunting ban was imposed ;)

Ben

CF Legend
UC said:
Yeah, because there's no lower point to be at in life than when you put three different generations of coins bearing your face side-by-side and see a natural aging process.

It's a really good thing coins are the only way to record how we look at any given point of our lives, and that the Queen will be the only one to ever have to cope with this. Feel bad for her though.

nealbie

CF Legend
Ben said:
UC said:
Yeah, because there's no lower point to be at in life than when you put three different generations of coins bearing your face side-by-side and see a natural aging process.

It's a really good thing coins are the only way to record how we look at any given point of our lives, and that the Queen will be the only one to ever have to cope with this. Feel bad for her though.

How did I not see this before? I may have just died of laughter.... <3