What's new

Whats your favourite ride music?

Nick

Mega Poster
I'm starting this topic mainly because I feel music in theme parks is often under-appreciated.
Music in parks often sets the atmosphere even more than the visual aspects in my opinion.

SO what's your favourite ride music?
Mines going to have to be Hex. It works with the ride brilliantly and gives the ride extra atmosphere and exhilaration. I'm pretty sure its authentic orchestra rather than electronic which is often used in theme park music, which gives it a very professional sound.

Does anyone know who composed it?

Nick

Mega Poster
^Yeah the Air music is supurb aswell, it fits perfectly as well as being orginal (any idea who composed this too lol?)

jayjay

Giga Poster
I think this is either the second or third incarnation of this thread, but nevertheless...

My favourite has always been Nemesis's soundtrack. As a lover of orchestral music, I always lean towards them as my favourites, but I don't think anybody can argue that the music in Nemesis's station doesn't create an intense atmosphere. Also, I've got to agree with Nick on Hex. Superb soundtrack.

Also, I like Duel's music as well. Not particuclarly great, but it's fun.

Patrick

Hyper Poster
Duel's soundtrack is awesome. It's such a great tune and it builds up the atmosphere, And I have it in my head for the rest of the day. I've also got it on my phone (I'm not sad really)

G-Force at Drayton's soundtrack is awesome too, If anyone has managed to get it yet pm me.

I also really like Colossus's music, As it is the best thing about the ride and it's really cool when you're walking past the inline twists and you hear it playing. I prefer it to Nemesis's music.

scan

Mega Poster
Air and Nemesis, well at Alton unless you get a fast pass you can enjoy the music to the upmost deatil your waiting that long, or weather your at the station and air happen's to break down which was what happened to me :(

F.A.S.T.

Hyper Poster
I've always loved Millennium Force's theme music..

Millennium Force and Wicked Twister.

Delicious.

What wicked twister ride music?
Every time I've ridden it they haven't had it playing!?!?!

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
I like Air's, Nemesis's, Oblivion's, The Flume's, Duel's and Hex's.

Pretty much all the ones at Alton Towers. :lol:

I also quite liked G-Force's aswell.

Beans

Hyper Poster
SnooSnoo said:

Delicious.

I would have to agree with Snoo about Millenium Force music, and I have to say TTD as Ready to go was by Republica a local band to us, having seen them live and Safron the lead singer went to 6th Form with the other half, excellent tune as well.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
F.A.S.T. said:

Wicked Twister (edited):

http://www.mediafire.com/?d0cmmcdnoeu

Original Song:

http://www.mediafire.com/?xrtoxjyetbm

(Sorry the upload site has popups)

I like Wicked Twisters music. It really works well with the ride.

Maverick's music is great too. My favourite music is Inferno's. I can listern to it a million times over :--D Air's music is nice and relaxing. Colossus' music is fantastic. Rush has some great tracks too. I really like the one that was on Colossus in 2007, that plays as Rush's loading music 2008. WWTP is as fantastic as Colossus' music.

Snoo

The Legend
Fast said:

Lately they haven't had it on there, as I noticed last year they didn't have it running.. I guess we'll see on Sunday.. ;)

Lately they haven't had it on there, as I noticed last year they didn't have it running.. I guess we'll see on Sunday..

I have never heard them play the Wicked Twister music, ever. I went to Cedar Point back when I was little so obviously it wasn't playing then because it wasn't even built yet, but I went back in 2005 and have been going there a few times a year since, multiple rides each visit, and not once have I heard it!

But, whatever. In terms of in that park, Millennium's music is the best.

Out of any coaster or ride, I think the old music on Nemesis was awesome, and Thorpe park, despite apparantly having crappy rides, has awesome soundtracks on things like Samurai. Millennium's music as I said is really good and Dragster's is just really cheesy and cool, but that's about it.

Snoo

The Legend
Its there Taylor, trust me.. I've heard it.. and I've been there maybe 1 to 2 more times then you.. ;)

Who knows! We could hear it on Sunday.

^ Haha, only one or two times. Nice.

I never didn't believe you that it was there, I have just never heard it for myself. I know it has an official song and stuff but aside from downloading it I have never heard it in the station.

P.S.- Yay for Sunday.

Xpress

Strata Poster
My favorite is the Riddlers Revenge music. Ecuador (Bruce Wayne Remix) by Sash has to be one of the best beats I've heard of.

http://www.mediafire.com/?yxc3lhnglb9

Makes for a perfect laser show using my green Emerald Scan II laser system, and using LED lights with the riddlers revenge question mark slides put over the lens.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Millennium Force's theme is pretty sweet, but the preteen girly dance music they play in line annoys me :roll:

"Ready to Go" is perfect for Top Thrill Dragster

Oblivion's is interesting

"Whole Lotta Love" on Led Zeppelin-The Ride... the best ride music IMO

Echoes

Mega Poster
SnooSnoo said:

Delicious.

The Force does have awesome music, but I don't think I heard Twister's. What was it like?

If you count sound effects, then TTD is awesome too.