What's new

What's the best coaster you've seen and/or ridden?

TLARides

Hyper Poster
What is the best coaster you've seen (haven't ridden) and/or ridden?

Best coaster I've seen (and wish I could ride)? The Smiler. I love multi-loopers. I agree that one can be sickening. 14 loops seem too much, But to me, it's just enough.

Best coaster I've ridden? Probably either Banshee, Millennium Force, The Beast or Thunderhead.

What do you guys think?

Sonimatic14

Roller Poster
My favorite roller coaster is Goliath at SFOG, with Kumba in 2nd and Iron Rattler in 3rd.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Best non-ridden is by FAR Lightning Rod. Thing looks like true beauty. Other contenders are Wildfire(Kolmarden), Helix, Wicked Cyclone, Medusa Steel Coaster, El Toro, and Shambhala.

Best ridden is The Voyage. It really does have it all- length, height, speed, airtime, intensity, setting, etc. You name it, it has it. The ONLY downside to it is the MCBR, which practically stopped the train, but it re-gained the speed rather quickly. The rest of my top 10 is down in my signature. :emoji_arrow_down:

Simon

Roller Poster
Seen: Taron
Ridden: Taron
Insane theming, beautiful setting, twisty track layout, intense launches, decent airtime, long ride and it even pulls some severe G-Force.
If you ever get close to it, you have to ride it. Easily europe's best rollercoaster.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Best I've seen: Lightning Rod
Best I've ridden: I have RF II as my #1, but my opinion had ebbed, I just don't know to what.

Benenen

Hyper Poster
Seen: Skyrush, I've never been on a coaster with truly sustained ejector so if I ride this I can finally stop laying awake at night wondering what it could possibly feel like.

Ridden: RMC Wildfire. The thing I love most about this coaster is how I had a very clear idea of how it would ride and where the forces would be from watching the POV but it rides so completely different. This coaster pulls these beautiful pockets of airtime where you least expect them such as the second inversion and every time it goes sideways. It just doesn't feel similar to any coaster I've ridden.

jay37415

Mega Poster
Seen but haven't ridden: Millie - heard nothing but great things about this coaster. Just havent made the trip to nortern Ohio yet. Fury is also on my bucket list.
Ridden: definitely Lightning Rod. Was able to ride Voyage, El Toro, Skyrush and LR all within 2 months of each other. LR has the craziest airtime of any of those.

Lofty

CF Legend
Seen: Taron
Ridden: Taron
Insane theming, beautiful setting, twisty track layout, intense launches, decent airtime, long ride and it even pulls some severe G-Force.
If you ever get close to it, you have to ride it. Easily europe's best rollercoaster.
This guy has taste.

I'm with Simon.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Seen but haven't ridden: Millie - heard nothing but great things about this coaster.
While I'm not one of them, there are quite a few people that would say that MF is a bit sub par. There's always so much hype around that ride that it doesn't live up to everyone's expectations (though I love it).

Best: Skyrush

Seen: Lightning Rod

TLARides

Hyper Poster
While I'm not one of them, there are quite a few people that would say that MF is a bit sub par. There's always so much hype around that ride that it doesn't live up to everyone's expectations (though I love it).

Best: Skyrush

Seen: Lightning Rod
MF is a pretty good one. I enjoyed riding it at night when I went. Although if there's any ride I prefer to ride at night, it's The Beast.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Well my 'best ridden' is Phoenix.

There are a few things out there that I still really want to ride, mainly of the RMC variety. Not much probably has potential to beat Phoenix for consistent airtime. But let's go with The Voyage as my top of my 'as yet to ride' list.

mouse

Giga Poster
Taron and Taron.

Skyrush and Helix also look very good, but the theming of Taron puts it at the top of both lists.

Edward M

Strata Poster
Ridden: Lightning Rod for SURE

Seen: The only things I could see beating Lightning Rod is Eejanaika/X2 or Boulder Dash. The 4th Dimension coasters look like such insanity that they may just beat it. Boulder Dash just looks so beautiful among the mountains that its terrain and length may beat LR. I could possibly see Taron or Helix topping it. But that is still unlikely.

MagnesiumPC

Roller Poster
May not be the prettiest, but Gemini is still my favorite.

Most picturesque is most definitely Diamondback or Millenium Force.

VTCGA5

Roller Poster
Best Seen: New Texas Giant and Expedition GeForce

Best Ridden: I only have 17 credits, so I really don't want to say xD

Ireeb

Mega Poster
I did not visit Phantasialand yet (will be the first one I'll visit in 2017) but Taron just looks so amazing, both the ride itself, aswell as how amazing it looks in general, that big ball of black steel beams in the fantasy world. I did not watch a POV yet though, because spoilers xD

gadv1000

Roller Poster
Best ridden would be Skyrush and El Toro. Can't deside on a #1 overall, so I'm giving my #1 steel and #1 wood.

These are just some of my dozens of most sought out not-ridden coasters in no particular order:

- Taron
- Schwur Des Karnan
- Everything at Cedar Point (Yes, I Haven't Been to Cedar Point Yet. I'm living under a rock)
- All RMC's besides Wicked Cyclone (Only RMC I've ridden so far)
- All Disney and Universal Coasters Worldwide
- Cannibal
- Nemesis
- Kumba
- Montu
- Pyrenees
- Katun

There's so many more, but this is what I can up with as of right now.