What's new

What would be your dream theme in a theme park?

Howie

Donkey in a hat
An old dream of mine, but I always used to think that 20th Century Fox should do a theme park. I mean, Disney, Universal, Paramount and Warner Bros have all had a crack at theme parks, why not Fox? It's all kinda irrelevant now anyway as Disney seem to own everything, including Fox, but back when Fox was still Fox, they had some cracking IP's that would have made great theme park attractions. The most obvious is, of course, Star Wars but what about all the other great franchises that used to be uniquely Fox? Alien, Predator, Independence Day, Home Alone, X Men, Die Hard, Speed, Planet of the Apes, Avatar, The Simpsons, Family Guy etc etc...
Like I said, most of this is irrelevant now as many of those IP's have already been sold off to other park operators, and Disney now owns Fox anyway so it's never gonna happen.
Not sure what the deal is with that (supposed) 20th Century Fox World in Malaysia, but I'm fairly sure it won't be the park I had in my head.
But in an alternative reality, where Fox had not sold out to the Mouse, kept all of their flagship franchises to themselves and built their own Studio style park - it woulda been awesome.

The only downside being that Fox don't own the Lord of the Rings franchise, so y'all would have to go somewhere else for your Middle-Earth land. :(

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
I’d personally also like to see some sort of ride themed to A Series of Unfortunate Events (either the Lemony Snicket book series or the Netflix show that was done a few years ago). I’ve always imagined that it would work quite well as a dark ride with a scene for each book, or possibly one with its own unique Series of Unforunate Events story involving Count Olaf and the Baudelaires in some capacity. You could do a really nice facade and queue line based off of Count Olaf’s mansion or something, and I think a dark ride based off of the franchise could have a wonderfully creepy vibe!

I must admit, I find picking themes for this topic quite difficult, because a lot of the TV shows and films I really like are things that I can’t see translating particularly well to theme park attractions. I think the only one of my favourite TV shows or films I’ll ever see become a theme park attraction is The Simpsons at Universal (and I must admit, I have a huge soft spot for The Simpsons Ride!).

Selectrr

Roller Poster
GORILLAZ PLASTIC BEACH
My idea for the area would be that it's mainly indoors. Mainly - the area's main attraction would be a roller coaster themed to Stylo (i'm going with a new-gen Vekoma launch coaster - basically a larger and more modern version of Xpress, tight-ish layout and all.) Some indoor sections, some outdoor sections, parts indoor, maybe have the last part be a turn around the indoor area...
The other main attraction would be an Intamin Splashwater, themed to both On Melancholy Hill (to start with) and Rhinestone Eyes (which would have the signature Big Drop™ as pirates take the island down.)
There'd be other rides, obviously. For families, there'd be a larger-scale but still somewhat gentle ride (i'm going with a chairswing) themed to Cloud of Unknowing or To Binge. And Glitter Freeze would be another coaster - something still thrilling but less intense. So, say, a Maurer spinner. Maybe in its own separate show building too, with flashing lights and smoke effects and stuff.
Inside Plastic Beach itself, I can imagine there being a waterpark area. The slides would be themed to the other songs from the album (Superfast Jellyfish, Pirate Jet, Broken, White Flag, so on). And, just for fun, a water coaster themed to the eel with Murdoc strangling you and melting your face off at the end.

That or a single ride themed to Saturnz Barz? Spirit House is already a haunted house, so I think it'd translate to a ghost train-style ride pretty well.

Last edited: