What's new

What Should Be My Summer Video Game?

metalhead7

Mega Poster
I'm not really a hardcore gamer but since I'm home from school and have nothing else to do, I'm looking for a game to keep me occupied, I don't really want anything over $30 since I wont be using it once fall comes around. So these are the three I'm considering right now. I also just bought Gears of War 3, but that one is more of a multiplayer game for me.

Assassins Creed III - I've played the original, I've heard this was better, plus the multiplayer aspect seemed interesting.

Halo 4 - I own Halo Reach and I really like the game, I was just wondering how different 4 was from Reach.

RCT 3 - I had this on my computer when I was younger but when that computer died my family bought a mac, so in order to play it I would need a new disc. I also have No Limits and had a really old computer with RCT 2 on it, but that one finally died this summer. (Also Theme Park Studio wont be for mac unless it makes a ton of money on the kickstarter campaign)

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Well having beat All 3 games I can tell you that AC3 Is a piece of ****. I enjoyed Halo 4 but all the good FPS players play COD now so online isn't particularly challenging.

I'd say pick RCT 3 since you can get the most out of it and it's probably the cheapest as well.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Game Dev Tycoon is my current pet fave - I think it's $7 for the Mac. Though I'm not sure how much replay value there is after the first 72 hours straight playing because it's so damn addictive.

I really enjoyed Sleeping Dogs if you've not already played it and are after something to get your teeth into.

RCT3 is what it is. I tend to find it's a mood game though, where I have to feel creative - but I still really rate it :)