What's new

What rides do you expect to see at Kennywood in the future after Steel Curtain opens?

Do you guys agree?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ParkFan412

Roller Poster
I would expect to see a new drop tower and if the sky rocket is still not working, they could redo the coaster like what they did with the Phantom and Thunderbolt and use a different layout

Last edited:

Ami

Roller Poster
I would love it if they kept on modernizing their collection. I live near Kennywood but I never bother to visit much. I don’t enjoy old woodies but that’s the majority of what Kennywood has to offer. It feels a little too much like a family park to me, which is not my preference, I’d rather make the trip in either direction to Cedar Point or Hersheypark instead of staying local. But I may be biased since I originally grew up near Cedar Point, so I don’t have the same childhood connection to Kennywood that most people here have. They did an amazing job with Steel Curtain, but they gotta keep moving forward with that leading the way.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
An ACE member I know that met us there when we went recently pointed out that Steelers Country sort of ends abruptly right where Steel Curtain’s exit is, despite there being a bit of land back behind it. He thinks it could be for a flat ride, such as a drop tower called Terrible Tower.

According to the Kennywood rumor mill, Steel Curtain was a test investment to see if a big coaster could bring people in, and if it did they could actually start making more investments like it. Again, heard this at an ACE event so not at all a reliable source but it sounds plausible.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Maybe some flat rides maybe nothing. The company that owns kennywood is notoriously cheap and they just made a big investment in the park. -Insert @Pokemaniac continuing PR rant here-
Actually, it's even worse than that. I don't even think Parques Reunidos made much of an investment at all. I can't find it right at the moment, but their total investment budget for their parks in 2019 was stated to be €30 million. Across 15 parks. It very much looks like Steelers Country was a sponsorship deal, with the football team footing most of the bill and getting exposure in return. Same goes for Ducati World at Mirabilandia. The chain itself is deeply uninterested in spending money on their parks.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Actually, it's even worse than that. I don't even think Parques Reunidos made much of an investment at all. I can't find it right at the moment, but their total investment budget for their parks in 2019 was stated to be €30 million. Across 15 parks. It very much looks like Steelers Country was a sponsorship deal, with the football team footing most of the bill and getting exposure in return. Same goes for Ducati World at Mirabilandia. The chain itself is deeply uninterested in spending money on their parks.

I knew that was the case with steelers country, didn't realize it was a full chain wide problem. I'll go back to probably nothing major sadly. maybe a flat in the next few years unless ownership changes hands or some other company foots the bill.