What's new

What percentage of coasters would you say you enjoy?

Snoo

The Legend
Wow, that's a low percentage. So when you head off to a Darien Lake or a Six Flags America, do you find it hard to drum up any enthusiasm, knowing that nothing there is going to rival your top coasters?
Yeah to be honest. My trip this summer to DL, Seabreeze, and CW was pretty boring to be honest. I only truly enjoy RoS, Behemoth, Leviathan, and Seabreeze. In fact, SB was probably my favorite of the trip because the park was just small and entertaining.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Yeah to be honest. My trip this summer to DL, Seabreeze, and CW was pretty boring to be honest. I only truly enjoy RoS, Behemoth, Leviathan, and Seabreeze. In fact, SB was probably my favorite of the trip because the park was just small and entertaining.
Wow. I'm still at the stage -- long may it last -- of being easily pleased. I made a three-and-a-half-hour drive a couple of weeks ago just to hit up Great Escape and come back the same night. My one point of interest beforehand was The Comet, which was fun but a little disappointing, and all the other rides were total mediocrity. AND YET I still enjoyed the hell out of the day.

And I haven't been to Canada's Wonderland yet but I would be truly excited to visit that one. :D

Reactions: JSM

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Despite riding sooooooooooo much crap, I still basically enjoy the vast majority, often because they're quite awful. I secretly love the Jungle Mouse coasters and Golden Horse spinners, even if I inwardly groan when I see them.

mouse

Giga Poster
Ooh good topic, I definitely enjoy 100% of the coasters I ride! I may slag off a dull family coaster or rough SLC, but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the experience at all - I would still rather have ridden the coasters than not ridden them.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
On the basis of preferring to be on a roller coaster vs. not - I enjoy 100% of them.

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
I think the only coaster I have truly disliked, and wanted to have the ride over with, was Mean Streak. Just a very painful, boring, and long ride.

Kiddie Coasters aren't thrilling but I wouldn't say I dislike them.