Discussion in 'Polls' started by CrashCoaster, Sep 1, 2016.
1. Wild Eagle.
I've only gotten to the ones in the States...So for me it would be:
2. Wild Eagle
I really like Wild Eagle's "position" on top of the hill, and that it doesn't go for an inversion right away. X-Flight's a fine diversion from laps on Goliath & RB. It's just too short. speaking of length, Thunderbird's at the bottom because it is ridiculously too short.
I understand that it is your own opinion but how is wild eagle above Thunderbird?
Ummm...I really like Eagle's position on top of the hill, and it doesn't invert on the first drop. And, thunderbird is like, 1 minute 18 seconds or something like that. Probably counting the time sitting in the brakes. Thought I wrote it out fairly clear. Ridiculously too short.
Ohh my bad, sorry for the inconvenience.
One of the four B&M's in North America I haven't been on
The ride time of X Flight from the top of the lift to the brakes is around 50 seconds. Wild Eagle has a similar ride time of 60 seconds.
Thunderbird's ride time from launch to brakes is 50 seconds.
By all means prefer a ride for the setting, or elements, but you're talking out of your ass on ride time.
THE SWARM 100%! So smooth, the inversions are bliss and it actually is one of the most forceful B&M Wing coasters!
That was easy.
One yet to be built.
Nah, in all seriousness, out of the two that I have been on (Gatekeeper and X-Flight) I would take X-Flight any day.
Thunderbird looks really enjoyable though.
Prefer Swarm over Raptor. Raptor is better themed but it's mainly low to the ground turns and slow wingover inversions. At least Swarm does a bit more with the variety of its layout even though it's too short.
I don't rate either to be honest. The uncomfortable vests negate how smooth they ride and I don't enjoy the sensation of being pulled through inversions at weirdly slow speeds. Definitely the worst B&M type for me though I'm yet to try a stand up.
Update. I'll throw in some reasons an' all this time.
1. Parrot Coaster - Amazing first drop, great inversions which are decently spread out as opposed to the designs which consist of nothing but, mist/tunnels, and pretty forceful. Love it.
2. Wing Coaster (Colourful Yunnan) - On paper - at least the order of inversions - it seems similar to X-Flight, but it's LOADS better. It seems more drawn out and on a bigger scale (pretty sure it's quite a bit taller) and the theming is excellent.
3. Flying Wing Coaster (Happy Valley) - Lovely looking thing with very drawn-out layout. The only one I've done with a vertical loop. Some of the other inversions are very different from most on this coaster type as well. It's kind of forceless though.
4. Raptor - It's only the straight first drop (so much better than those inverted things) that keeps it this high.
5. Flug - It was just kind of "there" for me. I got a bunch of rerides in and enjoyed them, but it wasn't a particularly memorable coaster.
6. Swarm - Looks great, but too short and is basically just a series of inversions crammed in together.
7. X Flight - Garbage.
At this moment, my ranking is so short but I hope I can ride more in the future because I really love this kind of coaster, especially its smoothness and its restraints.
1. The Swarm.
First row in The Swarm is lovely because of the first drop when you are upside down before the train accelerates.
And also, because it's the first kind of coaster with inversions that I can ride on them in a row very times (6) without feeling dizzy (I'm dizzy every ride in Dragon Khan )
1. Thunderbird - Really great pacing and theming on this one! The launch and inversion designs are really top notch.
2. Gatekeeper - Ascethetically, this is one of the most gorgeous roller coasters, given it’s setting and incorporation into the entrance. While the first half is pretty good, the return journey does drag.
3. Wild Eagle - The beginning of the ride is pretty good... but totally meanders for the second half. At least it has a gorgeous station!
X Flight is great but if you happen to ride Wild Eagle at Christmastime, that's great too.
I've only ridden The Swarm and I absolutely love it! Such a smooth, enjoyable ride with some great forces, in my opinion; my personal 3rd favourite UK coaster!
However, I personally think that either Thunderbird or Fenix looks like it would be my favourite if I was to ride all of them.
I've ridden a grand total of two...
Fenix is alright, but it didn't really do it for me? The surrounding area and queue line is pretty damn impressive though.
They all kind of blend into one for me but i'll try and rank them.
4. The Swarm
Separate names with a comma.