What's new

Rank the B&M Wing Coasters

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
1. Wild Eagle

The thing is, I love Wild Eagle, but when I rode it yesterday I either caught it on a bad day or got used to it becasue it was VERY forceless! I did't feel any forces in the loop, zero g, immelmann, corkscrew, or the first helix. I think I rode it so much that my body got used to it. I'm sure the next trip I take to Tennessee I'll feel the forces again because it would be a while, but I guess right now I prefer Thunderhead, but I'm not going to change my signature until I ride it again tomorrow just in case I got it on a bad day.

Also I agree with CanobieFan. I liked Wild Eagle but the restraint was a little too tight. By the way CanobieFan you have a really good Tenessee video on your YouTube channel. :)

sparky2u

Mega Poster
Only been on "Swarm" and loved it, wish it was longer as over so quickly, change the restraints to "Lapbars" & the experience will double in fun. :--D :--D :--D :--D

BBH

Giga Poster
sparky2u said:
Only been on "Swarm" and loved it, wish it was longer as over so quickly, change the restraints to "Lapbars" & the experience will double in fun. :--D :--D :--D :--D
Because of the design of the train, it's pretty much impossible to have lap bars. Besides, the vest restraints on the Wing Coasters are the most comfortable of any coaster I've been on.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
BBH said:
sparky2u said:
Because of the design of the train, it's pretty much impossible to have lap bars. Besides, the vest restraints on the Wing Coasters are the most comfortable of any coaster I've been on.

This comment alone suggests that you are a guy. Or Taylor.

BBH

Giga Poster
Mysterious Sue said:
BBH said:
sparky2u said:

This comment alone suggests that you are a guy. Or Taylor.
:lol:

I find the restraints across most Beemer models comfy, but I'm very skinny though quite tall.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Re: What is your favourite B&M Wing Coaster?

Another pointless topic...
Have you actually ridden any others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TilenB

Strata Poster
YAGpXPd.png

Intricks

Strata Poster
Ive only ridden Gatekeepet, so its my favorite currently by default; however, based off of visuals and how they look, I really do like the look of Parrot Coaster, but Raptor at Gardlanad would still hold itself as my "favorite" simply because of the interaction it has with the themeing elements overall.

Snoo

The Legend
Thunderbird at Holiday World by far. Been on Gatekeeper, Wild Eagle, and X-Flight as well.

PS: TilenB.. I literally laughed out loud. Perfect meme.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
1. Parrot Coaster

2. Raptor
3. The Swarm

4. X Flight

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: What is your favourite B&M Wing Coaster?

1. Thunderbird - the launch is just so good, and the layout and flow through the trees is just awesome.

2. Wild Eagle - I just love the setting and trees so much.

3. Flug Der Damonen - I like the creativity of this one, very unique.

4. X-Flight - I preferred this to Swarm back in 2012, but having heard Gavin's opinions of it good year it might slip if I ride it again.

5. Swarm - I do like Swarm, it's just the others are (or were when I rode them) better.

CarolinaRider

Mega Poster
1. Wild Eagle- Great setting, great view, it carries its speed well and it's actually a bit forceful.

2. Gatekeeper- It's kind of fun, but it's very sluggish compared to Wild Eagle. The first drop and immelman are fun, but everything after is pretty forgettable.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
1 - Gatekeeper
2 - Flug der Daemonen
3 - Swarm

Gatekeeper is grand, swooping and has enough elements to keep it interesting. While not intense, it's very ride-able and interesting. Flug is interesting but not very smooth and Swarm isn't interesting and is short.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Sorry to revive a dead topic (though I personally see nothing wrong with it if it's something like this) but I finally got all the ones in the US! Here's my final rankings for all the American ones, but know that regardless of what's where they're all coasters I really enjoy.

Thunderbird- Great theme, launch is a unique way to start the ride, and it flies through that lovely setting with amazing pacing. Not to mention how awesome that barn near miss is. There's no question this is the best one in the States.

X-Flight- The sense of exposure on this ride simply works so well because of its setting. They really worked it in with the paths in the area and the props they added provide some awesome near misses. It's considerably bumpy in the back and I dislike the locked vests but it's still a wonderful ride.

GateKeeper- Not much edge to this one and it feels much slower than the others but I still really like it. Flipping around that high surrounded by water is awesome, that drop is absolutely terrifying that high up, and those keyholes aren't quite the barn or control tower but they're still a lot of fun. This is probably the prettiest of them as well.

Wild Eagle- I hate having to say it's my least favorite because I still absolutely adore this ride. The layout is pretty simple but some of those elements (roll, flat spin) work very well with the wing coaster ride system. But the thing that makes this ride is the view, flying up on top of that mountain overlooking the park with the Smokies on the horizon is an incredible experience, and the unique inspirational take on the theme fits that so well. Only negative things I have to say about this coaster are the locked vests and that horrendous song I can't stand. :p

Hmm...

1. Thunderbird- This is really close between Thunderbird and Gatekeeper, simply because I've had hit or miss rides on both where the bad rides are really bad (Thunderbird was far too intense in the back and Gatekeeper in the morning has less forces than sitting in a rocking chair), and the good rides are awesome. Thunderbird has the edge because of the launch I think.

2. Gatekeeper- I've had two bad rides on it and one good ride on it. The good ride was incredible and just the right amount of forces! The first drop is amazing and the layout doesn't leave too much to be desired either. The keyholes are fab!

3. The Swarm- Also really close between this and Gatekeeper. I find it very underrated, likely because it is at Thorpe and people love to hate Thorpe for no reason. Just the right amount of forces, a good layout, and a decent amount of theming.

4. Raptor- I don't remember the full experience since it has been ages since I last rode it. I don't remember it being very forceful, but the setting definitely gives it that edge.

5. Wild Eagle- Full of "meh." I actually forgot I rode it until I seen Jarrett's post. It has some forces though which puts it above my last place choice which is...

6. Xflight- Forceless, dull, forgettable, meh.