What's new

What is your bucket list coaster for each continent?

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
As the thread title suggests, let’s hear the coaster you haven’t ridden yet, but most want to ride on each continent, and maybe why your choice is what it is.

Mine are fairly boring I’m afraid.

Europe: Karnan

I’ve done most of the coasters in Europe that I would really class as bucket list, but not Karnan.If Zadra was operating I would have said that, however I also know that one will be ticked off fairly quickly ;)

North America: SteVe

Having now done Untamed, my craving for more RMC goodness is uncontrollable.

South America: Medusa

I’m ashamed to say that my knowledge of South American coasters is none existant, so I’ve gone for Medusa, the RMC in Mexico, which is not strictly South America, I’m gonna play dumb ;)

Asia: T Express

There are SO MANY coasters in Asia I want to ride, Do Dodonpa, Takabisha, Formula Rossa, Eejanaika and more, but given my love for Baldar, T Express would be the one I was most looking forward to.

Africa: Tower of Terror

Not going to lie, I don’t know of too many coasters in Africa, so this would top my list, famous for the intense grey out positives, I’d love to give it a try.

Australia and Oceania: DC Rivals

This coaster looks absoloutely brilliant. It’s a hyper coaster, it’s Mack, I’m going to love it!

Fi

Mega Poster
Europe: Zadra looks incredible!

North America: Lightning Rod - it look a great, Ive heard great things. The fact it spited me last year just makes me want it even more!

South America : shall also play dumb and say Medusa at SF Mexico. While not a specific coaster I do have a bucket list park for South America, which is Fantasilandia in Chile...not sure why as the 5 creds are all just generic ****.

Asia: Hakugei, you may have spotted a theme in this list... but some have said it’s even better than SteVe, which is a bold statement to be making!

Australia: DC rivals. Looks fab. Put Australia on the Coaster map

Asia: tower of terror - tbh it’s the only African coaster on my radar so wins by ignorant default. I’d be a bit afraid of how intense it is, but still want to ride!

Alex B

Mega Poster
North america-(my home)-L rod-Launched lift,insane quad down,pacing,nuff said

europe-Zadra- while not open yet it wil be one insane ride with godlike airtime and could compete with steel vengeance

asia-eejanaika- insane flipping and supposedly best ride in the world

australia-SHOCKER ALERT- dc rivals-rlly nothing else there so...

africa-tower of terror- statistically most intense ride in operation so...

south america-N/A

Antartica-N/A

Matt N

CF Legend
  • North America: Steel Vengeance - I don't think this one really needs an explanation; I want those 27.2 seconds of airtime badly!
  • Europe: Shambhala - This might seem like a slightly odd choice, but Shambhala has been a huge bucket list ride for me ever since I rode Mako and loved it!
  • Asia: Hakugei - Looks like a phenomenal RMC, and many have said that it's comparable to Steel Vengeance!
  • Australia: DC Rivals HyperCoaster - This coaster looks amazing! Besides, what's not to love about a coaster that combines Mack Rides and insane amounts of airtime?
  • Africa: Tower of Terror - Even though I'm not sure if I'd enjoy it as I don't tend to enjoy really intense coasters, it would certainly be a good milestone to say I've ridden the world's most forceful coaster!
  • South America: Medusa Steel Coaster - Medusa looks like a great RMC, and it's one that I haven't heard much about, so I'd be intrigued to form my own opinion on it! (I know Mexico isn't technically in South America, but Medusa is the closest thing I can think of to a bucket list ride within that region!)

Alex B

Mega Poster
  • North America: Steel Vengeance - I don't think this one really needs an explanation; I want those 27.2 seconds of airtime badly!
  • Europe: Shambhala - This might seem like a slightly odd choice, but Shambhala has been a huge bucket list ride for me ever since I rode Mako and loved it!
  • Asia: Hakugei - Looks like a phenomenal RMC, and many have said that it's comparable to Steel Vengeance!
  • Australia: DC Rivals HyperCoaster - This coaster looks amazing! Besides, what's not to love about a coaster that combines Mack Rides and insane amounts of airtime?
  • Africa: Tower of Terror - Even though I'm not sure if I'd enjoy it as I don't tend to enjoy really intense coasters, it would certainly be a good milestone to say I've ridden the world's most forceful coaster!
  • South America: Medusa Steel Coaster - Medusa looks like a great RMC, and it's one that I haven't heard much about, so I'd be intrigued to form my own opinion on it! (I know Mexico isn't technically in South America, but Medusa is the closest thing I can think of to a bucket list ride within that region!)
Medusa is in Mexico which is still North America

Matt N

CF Legend
Medusa is in Mexico which is still North America
As I said, I know Mexico isn't technically in South America, but Medusa was the closest thing to a bucket list coaster I could think of in the Latin America region.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
North America. Can I put Steel Vengeance, even though I've ridden it? I mean yes, there's other good stuff over there that I haven't ridden yet - L'Rod, Skyrush and Fury being the top 3 - but if I had the choice to ride any of those right now... I'd choose to ride SteVe again.
SteVe is God.

South America. Easy - Alton's old ThunderLooper at Hopi Hari. Again, I've ridden it, but I would absolutely LOVE to give it another blast, just for old time's sake.

Europe. I'm gonna go for FLY. Sure, Zadra looks brilliant, but it's just another RMC now innit, every tin pot little park is getting one of those these days, whereas a next gen launched Vekoma flyer with Phantasialand level theming? Now that's something new and different and exciting. Sign me up.

Asia.
I've never touched the place so there's literally all of it left to do. I suppose Hakugei would be the obvious answer but I dunno, I think I'd be more keen to get on Eejanaika or Dinoconda. Or maybe Dodododonpa. Or Tron. Or one of those Jungle Trailblazers - I hear one of them is amazing, but I couldn't tell you which one. But you get my drift, something that's rare and unique to Asia. RMC's are so basic nowadays.

Oz. DC Rivals. Is there anything else there?

Africa. Didn't know what Tower of Terror was, so just looked it up and... meh. Different I guess, but nah, much more interested in the Giavanola Batman-almost-clone at the same park. So that.

Antarctica. I could do a joke about a Polarcoaster here... but it wouldn't be very good. ;)

Last edited:

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
This thread scares me a little.
I look at a couple of the continents and find myself asking - what's actually left? The days of big trips hitting lots of 'bucket list' stuff will inevitably have to draw to a close.
Is this is a mid-goon crisis?

North America - Voyage @ Holiday World. I really want to see what this thing can do as my favourite Gravity currently trumps my favourite RMC. Plus with all the answers in this thread, SteVe has become far too basic ;)

South America - Kráter @ Parque Del Café. Not gonna lie, had to look at an RCDB filter for inspiration here. I went from tallest to shortest. Don't trust RCCA, Shuttle Loop, Boomerang, Boomerang, SLC, SLC, SLC... even the slightly interesting things are clones.
But this is one I haven't done anywhere yet, it has lap bars and look how happy this guy in the photos is. He knows.
Not really a region that has interested me thus far. Can see why.

Europe - Taiga @ Linnanmäki,
this very minute. But it's happening in a couple of weeks so doesn't feel very bucket to me. Nothing in Europe does really. Untamed after that? Too easy.

Africa - Tower of Terror @ Gold Reef City.
It's just one of those big names in the industry and very unique looking. Anaconda will likely be better, but @Howie summed it up in my language - it's almost Batman.

Asia - Time Travel @ Hot Go Park.
Here's where I get sad. It's the last unique layout Gravity woodie I need in China/Asia and it's apparently not very good, but I've seen it (closed) from a taxi window and it looks pretty amazing against the terrain. When I had completed my various runs of China there were only 2 things I was bothered about missing - this was one of them and I've since nabbed the other (Wood Coaster).
There's very little left in the continent that jumps out to me as a major draw that isn't just something new and unconfirmed in China - dishonourable mention to the '2018' S&S launch with the Dive Loop that also spited me. Is this open yet? I've stopped looking at China. Giving them some time to settle and save myself any further disappointment.
Oh well. I've got other draws there.

Australia - Scenic Railway @ Luna Park.
Now the hobby has made me even more immune to stupidly long drives I would have regretted not extending my Gold Coast trip down south to mop up the older stuff.
But Sea World is getting a Gravity that I've just this second seen may have BACKWARDS SEATS. That's gonna kill and I want it right now. I'll be back.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
North America: X2. Though this (hopefully!) will happen in about 2 weeks. So I'll go with Mindbender in the Edmonton Mall.

South America: No idea. Had to go to RCDB. Montezum looks awesome but RCCA....helllll nah. I did find one POV actually and sure enough, looked rougher than taking a spin in a dryer filled with bricks. I guess I'll say Krater

Europe: Karnan.

Asia: Formula Rossa

Australia: DC Rivals Hypercoaster. This **** just looks epic.

Africa: Anaconda

Antarctica: Slide on ice with some penguins?

thepoweroften

Roller Poster
North America: Too many to list but Mindbender, Steel Vengeance and The Beast are all up there. I’ve never been to America or wanted to go there for any reason other than coasters honestly.

Europe: Nemesis most probably, if only so everyone will stop telling me how much I need to ride it every time I mention that I haven’t been to Alton ? Also Olympia Looping.

Asia: Also too many to list but Hakugei is high on the list right now and there’s a high chance it could happen next year since I’ll be in Nagoya for a while. So that. Very intrigued by the Ultra Twisters as well.

Africa: No clue. Tower of Terror maybe.

South America: No clue either and I’m too tired to comb RCDB.

Australasia: Luna Park’s Scenic Railway for the historical significance.

KommissarLT

Roller Poster
I guess I'll throw my hand into this little game, here goes

North America: I've done most of the major coasters in the USA so I'm gonna say MindBender at Galaxyland in Edmonton. It's the tallest indoor coaster on the continent and also the most intense.

South America: Katapul, it's a Schwarzkopf Shuttle Loop, where could it possibly go wrong?

Europe: Zadra, Untamed, and Wildfire. All 3 are tied because they're all RMCs and they all look fantastic. If I had to choose one, it would have to be Wildfire due to the location and the usage of the terrain.

Asia: Do-Dodonpa. This or Eejanaika, both look absolutely bonkers. Do-Dodonpa's launch looks so freakishly intense that the only thing I can compare it to is a dragster accelerating down a drag strip.

Africa: Tower of Terror or Anaconda. Anaconda has 10 rows as opposed to your typical B&M invert's 8 so that probably means it has an insane whip, but Tower of Terror pulls a whopping 6+ Gs which is mind-boggling.

Oceania: DC Rivals. It's easily the best coaster in the Southern Hemisphere so there's no other real competitors, with maybe the exception of Dreamworld's swing launch Blue Fire clone coming next year.

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
North America: Lightning Rod. I visited Dollywood in 2016 before the coaster opened, and it’s still my biggest spite. I’m anticipating this more than Steel Vengeance. I’m hoping to get this and Twisted Cyclone done next year as they’re my two closest RMC’s.

South America: Nothing really stands out to me, but that may change if Montezum at Hopi Hari gets RMC’d.

Europe: Taron is my kind of coaster. Launched? Check. Fast? Check. Highly-themed? Check. This is exactly the type of coaster I would build if I was running a theme park, so this is actually near the top of my bucket list.

Africa: Golden Loop at Gold Reef City. Since it’s the relocated White Lightnin’ from Carowinds, and Carowinds is my home park, with this credit, I will have ridden every coaster that has ever existed at the park. Anaconda and Tower of Terror look interesting as well.

Asia: Knight Valley Wood Coaster. It just looks like it keeps gaining speed, and the mountain setting makes it look even more incredible. This is how you do a terrain coaster.

Oceania: DC Rivals Hyper Coaster because I’m a basic bitch.

Bedholm

Roller Poster
North America: Coaster @ PNE Don't have a lot to pick from though
South America: Anything just so I can say I've ridden a coaster in South America
Europe: Taiga for the time being until that Walibi Belgium Mega opens
Africa: Anaconda
Asia: T-Express this has been the 2nd most anticipated coaster for me behind EGF for years and given I've been on EGF now it's now #1
Oceania: Sydney's Wooden Wild Mouse because I need a wooden wild mouse in my life.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Europe: I guess Hyper Coaster at Land of Legends. I've got quite a few others I want to do too, but I have plans/ideas of when I'll get to them. Don't have such plans for Hyper Coaster yet, so it feel the most bucket-listy.

North America: Steel Vengeance. Apparently it's alright?

Asia (non-China): Do-dodonpa. It's fast innit?
China: Dueling Dragons at Guangzhou Sunac. The dueling concept sounds incredible, and the rides themselves look pretty fab too.

Oceania: DC Rivals Hyper Coaster. It's basically the best-looking thing out there isn't it.

Africa: Tower of Terror.

South America: I mean, it's all pretty slim pickings. Montezum (the woodie at Hopi Hari), Doble Loop (Soquet in Colombia) and Katapul (Thunder Looper) would all be nice. I guess Katapul would be top in many ways due to the history behind it.

Xboxgeorgebean2

Roller Poster
EUROPE, Wildfire
NORTH AMERICA, Phantom’s Revenge
SOUTH AMERICA, Montezum
ASIA, Coaster Through the Clouds, Hakugei or Pyrenees
AFRICA, Tower of Terror
AUSTRALIA, DC Rivals HyperCoaster

jay37415

Mega Poster
EUROPE, Helix
NORTH AMERICA, Steel Vengance