Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Double Lap Bar

• Other

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

I thinkthe AIR restraints are the best because they are just so comfortable. Compared to almost all other restraints they are by far the most enjoyable

Jake

Strata Poster
The new X car ones look amazing, but i don't know the technical name for them. So "Other" i suppose

A

Anonymous

X Car looks excellent, but you simply cant beat PTC's wooden coaster car restraints, I need one click rides damnit!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Gotta go with clam shell (although i accidently voted for lap bar)...but then it all depends on what type of ride I was on!

On an inverted coaster I'd expect OTSR but not a clam shell.

Anything that can keep me secure yet let me have total freedom to wave my arms is good for me!

Nadia

Mega Poster
My choice is a lap bar, well Intamin giga lap bars, they're so fab for fab coasters, perfect match :love4: :love8: :love7:

Ben

CF Legend
I'm going to be all contreversial and vote other for the restraints on Rita. I was very pleasently surprised to see the OTSR part was not very solid, or restricting and barely touched me, it does stop you from being uncomfortable on the large bends. Also, the rest of the restraint felt very minimilistic and I was overly impressed with their security and their freedom. Shame about the rest of the cars....

themeparkphreak

Roller Poster
Proberbly Clam shells or Lap bars.

The AIR restraints Hurt my neck because you are constantly looking up.

But I must say the new X-car restraints look sexy.

Angel

Hyper Poster
Air's of course they are so comfortable! I never knew you could get a rollercoaster with such comfortable restraints!

Ben

CF Legend
I don't see what's so fantastic about Air's restraints, they have to be the biggest and most god-awful restraint I've ever encountered, they cover up everything, and give very little freedom. They ruin the whole flying experience in my eyes, you don't feel like you're flying just on your stomach held in by just about every part you can be held in by.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
While Air's restraints are brilliant, I just loved the clamshells on Silver Star. Such comfort, yet still fairly exposed too.

Nadia

Mega Poster
Yeah they are really nice those ones but you know not to tell us all about having them pretty open and free now ey rob lololol :p :p then locking it!!! Classic moment!! :D

A

Anonymous

I'm going to vote B&M restraints, I find them to be ergonomically spot on. The air restraints do an amazing job, as do the OTSR's. On the other hand Intamin have the worst restraint system going, partially hampered by their cramped cars, but I found Colossus, Shockwave and RITA to have terrible restraints.

I vote for OTSRs, because they are better than horsecollars and feature on most of my favourite rides.

A

Anonymous

Air restraints everytime, enalble comforbilaty in what is likely to be an uncomfortable!

A

Anonymous

I really like the Intamin T-bar found on their new-gen woodies and Mega/Giga coasters, But the OSTR:s ond their new Rockets are quite nice to.

Titan

Mega Poster
Intamin T-bar myself, personally I really think SRoS's upgrade was good. Very safe yet still kept the airtime (for me at least). Not as comfy as the clamshell, but B&M clamshells are too bulky. So intamin T-bar it is.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Why are we calling these Air restraints again? I think it would be B&M Flying Coaster... which are also the ones I prefer. They're so comfortable, I could probably fall asleep in one... and they really do a good job on a ride such as S:UF which has a lot of directional changes. Other then that, can't beat the open feeling of a lap bar on a wooden coaster. So much airtime...

thx

Mega Poster
I really like the Intamin T-bar found on their new-gen woodies
Same here, they're my favourite restraints, because of the secure feeling, the seatbelt and the nice airtime. My other favourite restraint is the OSTR's, because I like it and it can be found on my favourite steelcoasters (Vekoma (Looping) Whirlwind excluded).

I don't like the lapbar restraints that don't go all the way down ie. on a Mack Blauer Enzian, because it doesn't keep you in place and it feels quite unsecure, ( though you won't probably die by falling of it, because they (Blauer Enzians) usually stick quite close to the ground, atleast on them I've been on).