What's new

What 'Exclusive'/Rare Cred's Do You Have?

Mushy999

Roller Poster
My rarest cred is Bone Shaker that was at Knowsley Safari Park which is worth 10 points on Coaster-Count, I'm really surprised it's that rare! Feel quite proud haha. My next best are Viper, which was also at Knowsley Safari Park worth 7 points, and the Buffalo Coaster that was at Zoomarine in Albufeira worth 6 points.

Dave

CF Legend
Seems I'm one of only 20 people to ride the Mine Train over at Sandham Raceway on the Isle of Wight according to CC

CoastinBear

Roller Poster
I don't suppose that Wildcat and Mister Twister from the original Elitch's Gardens count? Boy did I have a great day there back in '92. That first turn on Twister was insane, and I gave my buddy concussion (so he says) on the exit from the double helix, where the turn becomes straight but the track remains at an angle. I was riding hands-up (of course) and the sudden disappearance of the outward lateral g, leaving just the inward pull of gravity mean that I lurched to the right and walloped him in the head with my elbow.

How about the Virginia Reel at Blackpool? So much fun!

Sorry to the poster who mentioned the Water Chute at Great Yarmouth - got that one, together with the Blizzard coaster that was there, I think, for just one season, the Pinfari looper and the Chance Toboggan (ouch!).

Did anyone else ride the Blizzard coaster that was on the pier at Weston-super-Mare?

Finally, does anyone remember a Supercar (I believe) kiddie coaster on the prom at Hunstanton? It was half-way-ish between the pier and the Rainbow Park in Old Hunstanton. One of those rides with the first drop that twists ninety degrees to the left. It would have been in the seventies.

I know most of you will have The Revolution at Blackpool, but how many rode it on it's official opening day back in 1979 and met James Burke?

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Other bastards keep riding my rare creds from Baotou in Inner Mongolia - the ones that I added to RCDB. Still got a couple in the tens though - must be the ones that don't open as often as the others.

Then Shark coaster in Russia is a 9, followed by some travelling stuff and loads more Russian crap at 7/8, giving me a grand total of 494...for now anyway.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Some bastards keep riding that Shark Coaster that I added to RCDB.

TilenB

Strata Poster
I can give you both a list of 100+ coasters scattered around Russia, Turkey, Poland, Italy, etc. that aren't on rcdb yet, so you can stop whining and get the rare creds (especially Sue, since Gavin gets bucketloads of rare crap in China anyways).

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Exactly. I think people seem to forget, or don't know, that the only way things get added onto RCDB, and Coaster-Count following that, are because enthusiasts send the information in. They don't just appear. For the most part, the parks, especially smaller places, aren't sending the information in themselves.

TilenB

Strata Poster
^ I've sent a lot of my finds to Duane (not all of them), but he's currently too busy with all the programming and hasn't found time to add them yet. Should I PM the files to you or start a new topic, post them in this one?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
He's started adding them, unless there are still others to go?

I noticed that alpine coaster in Bled pop up as the "Random Roller Coaster" the other day (it was closed for the season when I was there - ugh), and saw that it used your pictures. Apparently, you've now got 72 pictures up on there.

TilenB

Strata Poster
^ Most of them are still to be added, it's only the ones I've sent to him back in the summer that have been added. Only the ones that have meanwhile been found by other enthusiasts (like roomraider) have been added, so I'm pretty sure he hasn't gone through any of the files I've sent yet...

gavin said:
I noticed that alpine coaster in Bled pop up as the "Random Roller Coaster" the other day (it was closed for the season when I was there - ugh), and saw that it used your pictures. Apparently, you've now got 72 pictures up on there.

It's mostly the local Alpine Coasters (Rogla, Turracher Höhe, Bled and Tarvisio) and that small Croatian powered coaster that use my pictures (and also two butterflies in Netherlands/Germany). For a weird reason, every Butterfly and Alpine Coaster that I've so far seen only has pictures that I've taken on rcdb (or doesn't have a photo at all, like the one in Kranjska Gora).

PS: When did you visit Slovenia? Just out of curiosity, since it was probably before I became a regular on here.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ I've just had to look through some old hotel bookings to find it, but it was late March, 2013. I stayed in Ljubljana for a few days, doing day trips from there by bus/train to Skokjan Caves and Bled before heading to Zagreb, Belgrade, Sarajevo, Mostar, Podgorica, Kotor and Dubrovnik.

I thought Slovenia was lovely. I had zero expectations, but really liked the place. The whole trip was excellent actually, apart from Podgorica which is an absolute f**king hole.

CoasterCale

Roller Poster
I would say my rare credits are Dragon Tail at Royal Caribbean's port in Haiti, Python Pit at Go Bannas, Zippin Pippin at Bay Beach, Tiger Terror at Safariland, and Undertow at Santa Cruz Beach/Boardwalk.

CCF

Roller Poster
HollenBlitz (travelling)
Jet Rescue (Sea World in Australia)
Capitale Express (Quebec City)
Runaway Mine Train (Cultus Lake)
Blastin Barrels (Cultus Lake)

TommyAlex

Mega Poster
I don't know how rare this is, but the rarest I've got was today: the Tub Twist at Joyland, Great Yarmouth. Not only a kiddie coaster, but also the last remaining Virginia Reel.

Edward M

Strata Poster
Looked on Coaster Count. I am 1 of 2 people who have been on a traveling roller coaster named Roller Coaster in Mississippi which is 10 rare points. Cool.

My other "rare" coasters are:
Mini Mouse at Victorian Gardens (3)
Cannonball Run (2)
Lightning Rod (2) (for now)
Zoomerang at AL Adv (2)
Centi-SPEED at AL Adv (1)
Wild Mouse at Luna Park Sydney (1)

Not sure I would consider many of these rare, but they're good to have.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
After seeing the bump, I've just had a look on Coaster-Count. For some reason, it's showing my list of rare coasters, but I'm not showing up in the rankings. I should be at number 5 though based on the score. I used to be higher until they changed the scoring system. Bastards.

I've got 109 coasters that only 1 or 2 people have ridden, including myself.

548 of them have got some sort of rare points.

davidm

Strata Poster
^ yeah my not-so-rare "Rare" points were all messed up on CC (I had zero ; the shame, the shame) - click the "Feedback" and drop them a message, they sorted it out PDQ