Do you need to get away sometimes?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

thx

Mega Poster
Music, especially a great dj-gig (although of course you can't decide when those happen..) with lots of dancing works the best for me. Other than that going alone to a pitch, play some football (soccer), kicking against a wooden wall, sounds dull I know,lol, but the place itself is so calm, deserted, it really makes your thoughts wander away somewhere else.

marc

CF Legend
I used to go for drives when I was younger. Would head out to Epping and go fast down country roads.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
It used to be regular holidays. If I was having a crap day or week, I knew that it would only be a few weeks maximum until I was getting out of the country (Korea at the time) and going somewhere new.

These days, there isn't much to be honest.

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
A nice long walk or cycle ride does it for me.

One place I love to go,is to the beach.I'm lucky enough to live just a few minutes from it.There's nothing more relaxing,than just sitting on the beach,watching the sea.

Other than that,it's listening to music,but I enjoy listening to music more,when I've had a few bevvys,which leads me onto my third option. :lol:

CMonster

Giga Poster
Swim practice helps, especially when I'm really mad, I use that to motivate myself and push myself. Listening to music also helps, and so does eating. :p

Jake

Strata Poster
I've previously turned to drugs and alcohol as a 'release'. Sometimes it works, but sometimes it makes me feel worse, so that's been knocked on the head.

I've also tried walking, shopping, watching movies, playing games etc.

They all help, but my personal fav is a trip to Sainsburys on my own. I love walking around the entire store, and spending about half an hour in there. It's so theraputic!

Failing that, sitting and chaining a pack of ciggies normally helps too!

yinyang

Mega Poster
Brad said:
Masturbating

i think this cements not only the weirdest member of the forums I'm yet to see post, but also i probably will check whether brad is on the list before i decide attending my first live.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I see my friends.

My closest friends and I have an unspoken rule - we don't discuss problems.

For as far as I know, one of my mates could be suicidal or something but I'd never know (well, I could guess), but we tend to get together, have a few drinks, piss around and take the piss out of each other. That's escapism.

Occasionally somebody will will say something. "My wife slept with somebody else last weekend."

To which the standard replies are, "Shall we go and beat him up?" or "You should go and **** some tart behind her back then!" and then the subject is always changed with "Drink?" "Yeah, go on, mate!"

Escapism is being with people I don't have to be intense with or think before I speak.

tks

Strata Poster
Jake said:
They all help, but my personal fav is a trip to Sainsburys on my own. I love walking around the entire store, and spending about half an hour in there. It's so theraputic!

If you're broke and need entertainment, fill up a trolly with loads of things and then just leave it and walk out of the store. Me and my friend used to fill them with Fem Fresh.