What's new

What Do You Believe (B&M Related)

What Do You Think B&M is Doing With Launched Coasters?

• Not going to touch them!!!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • They're doing something and doing a hell of a job keeping it quiet.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • With the right money a direction, you can get one from them............MAYBE!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

What do think about the whole B&M lauched coaster conspiracy.

FastAndFurious

Mega Poster
Looks like another conspiracy theory. :)

I wouldn't expect a B&M launched coaster unless they are sure it could work perfectly as it should be.

A

Anonymous

I think they must have talked about it.
Don't really know how far they're taking it, but I'm sure they've discussed it.

Fi

Mega Poster
They must have thought about making one.
I bet in a few years time they'll announce that they've designed a revolutionary launched coaster that'll put all the others to shame :eek:

Sam

Giga Poster
Launched... yes ala Hulk.

But never to the extreme of Dragster, Storm Runner or any big Intamin accelerators.

Well going off what I heard last year, B&M are working on thier own version of LIM systems, nicknamed "Railgun" because it usues and extra component and work like a railgun.
Nothing has cropped up since so they are either not odin it or are keeping it very quiet.

Sort of.

A railgun passes a high voltage current through the object being launched, giving a tremendous speed burst.

Ordinary LIM's have to rely on inducing the current in the object so it can be launched which limits the power somewhat.

Well when you get in a car, you are sat on the negative side of all the electrics. Seeing as the negative of the battery is wired to the body or something that is connected to it.

Jer

Strata Poster
from what i have seen from this website is that intamin has pretty much perfected and taken control of the launching market, so I don't think B&M would want to jump in at such a late time. So there probably not going to make a Launch.

FastAndFurious

Mega Poster
Its never been too late.

I'm thinking about launched flyers or launched floorless coasters from B&M. This is something Intamin doesn't make.

I personally think that although Incredible Hulk looks like a great coaster, B&M are going to stick with their tradition lift hill ways.

I would say leave the launched coasters to Intamin, because soon most coasters are going to be launched (at least that's what I think), so it would be nice to have 1 line of quality coasters to always have a lift. It just seems like it's better that way.

I actually don't know what they're going to do. They're coasters are always going to be great, launched or not, so go ahead and do whatever you want B&M.

This post was more of an opinion, and my opinion is that they should stay with lifts.

A

Anonymous

I suppose it will be interesting to watch, the first coaster to leave a blazing plasma trail behind it.

And maybe the first coaster themed to Quake 3: Arena?

Impressive!
medal_impressive.jpg

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Well, as B&M didn't even build the launch on Hulk, and that it was a completely seperate company, I think B&M'll keep it old skool and stick with the traditional lift hill.