What's new

We Came, We Sawed, We Conquered, Thorpe 26/4/09

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Kneel and I were supposed to go and see the massive cock in Dorset today but I had a late night last night, so we decided on Thorpe instead.

We didn't arrive at the park until 1:30 and it was packed - we parked about ten miles from the entrance.

First stop was guest services. I had a Saw priority pass from the Live that was valid for six people. As there were only two of us, I asked if they'd convert that to three 2 people passes. The lovely girl did so and off we went!

We went to Saw. The queue was maxed out but that didn't concern us. Three minutes after going through the priority entrance we were on the ride. I won't bore you too much about the ride itself (I'll save that for the Thoughts on Saw" topic) but I'm chuffed I managed to get on it. In a nutshell, it was pretty good I though. First ride I was second car, front row, and it was just about as I expected it to be - average.

Quick stop for nom next in Bhangra King, followed by another go on Saw. Euan was working the fastpass queue so we managed to get on it twice more! (Cheers!)

We then went for Inferno. The queue was up to the cattle pens, so that took about half an hour. The sun was blistering at this point so shade seeking was top priority. Inferno was good as ever. I think Kneel brought the ride photos.

We took a quick walk over to Stealth. Packed single rider que and a regular 70 min queue. As we had two Saw priority passes, we went to Guest Services who happily exchanged one of them for Stealth exit passes. Back to Stealth and we got on second row in about three cars time.

We did the Fish next. Pretty crap, but was walk on. We spotted BO Monster/Infernus working on Depth Charge, at the top, so we headed over there to try and grab his attention. His green haze of BO surrounding him acted as a barrier and he didn't spot us.

We walked pass Rush and Kneel stopped to see if his mate was working on there. YES HE WAS! Thankfully he let us on, skipping a 45-60 min queue. There was a woman in the queue with MASSIVE cleavage. Brilliant view when on the full swing. Top ride as always.

Back to Saw to use the final pass. Euan was still on the gate, so we managed a further few goes! We managed to do the front car this time, all the others were the second car. First car is better as you don't have to watch the stupid puppet on a bike and it flows better, especially through the pointless air blowing bit. Highlight was trying to get the dead body under the roll to squirt water on my sun burnt head.

Loggers was walk on so we ended having a go on that.

And that was it! We were in the park for about 3 hours and in that time managed...
Saw x 6
Stealth x 1
Inferno x 1
Fish x 1
Rush x 1
Loggers Leap x 1

Not bad at all seeing as the queues were fairly length!

I had a brilliant few hours, best vist to Thorpe in a while and I'm glad I can cross off Saw now.

The only downside is that I have a red, sunburnt head (no cap or cream!) and it hurst like buggery, so I'm going to douse it with cold water and have an early night. Alton Towers tomorrow and that means an early start.

Cheers for reading!

nealbie

CF Legend
Yay for Forp! And I love my new name! :p

My scanner's being evil at the moment, so I'll try and get the ORPs up for later or tomorrow if I need to use the college one.

Twas fun, good fun. I spent the whole day worrying about getting lynched by the angry Saw queueline, and we so nearly did by that woman who seemed rather annoyed that we just jumped in. :lol:

Beans

Hyper Poster
Good to see you like Saw Ian, and Ewie is good to all of us he deserves a big thank you from us all me thinks.

nealbie

CF Legend
Beans said:
Good to see you like Saw Ian, and Ewie is good to all of us he deserves a big thank you from us all me thinks.
ditto.gif