What's new

Wanda Xishuangbanna Resort | Harpy | B&M Flyer

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
We have seen some concept art of the layout before and the track was spotted at the B&M plant months ago but now I’ve finally found some shots of the Xishuangbanna B&M Flyer under construction.

I must admit I like the off green supports with the bright yellow track and it will work well with the expected butterfly theme.

BM1.jpg

BM2.jpg

BM3.jpg

BM4.jpg

BM5.jpg

BM6.jpg

Source: VHCoasters

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: Wanda Xishuangbanna Resort | Unknown | B&M Flyer

Yeah that colour scheme isn't too bad. Will be interesting to see how the whole thing looks when it's finished.

Do you have the link(s) to the concept art too?

Ben

CF Legend

I quite like the colours.

Just had a look on the map where this park is. That will be interesting to get to when the time comes!

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

Hixee said:
Yeah that colour scheme isn't too bad. Will be interesting to see how the whole thing looks when it's finished.

Do you have the link(s) to the concept art too?

Here we are. Best to move it to this thread.

Wandafly.jpg

So a mix between Superman and Manta

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

Ben said:
I quite like the colours.

Just had a look on the map where this park is. That will be interesting to get to when the time comes!

Yeah it's more South East Asia than actual China if that makes sense. It would potentially be easier to get to from Vietnam - forgetting about Visas and stuff - than from most major Chinese cities. I haven't looked into flights and stuff, so I could be talking out of my arse.

Ben

CF Legend

Yeah, Hanoi is the closest big place, but, the visa situation would be spiteful - I suppose you could start in Hanoi and then try and navigate north somehow through China.

You'd be OK just doing it from Hanoi probably, it wouldn't be so bad with a multiple entry Chinese visa just doing that and then **** off.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

Luckily I get multiple entries now, so it would be viable depending on flights etc.

I'd need another visa for Vietnam, and I **** hate Hanoi, so until something interesting happens there, I wouldn't be heading to the park that way.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

gavin said:
Luckily I get multiple entries now, so it would be viable depending on flights etc.

I'd need another visa for Vietnam, and I **** hate Hanoi, so until something interesting happens there, I wouldn't be heading to the park that way.

You mean like them getting a B&M Looper? Time Machine should pop up near there some time soon.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

^ I was thinking that actually. Is it confirmed for the Hanoi area? I'd happily pop over if it was in Ho Chi Min or somewhere along the coast, but I can't bear Hanoi.

Having said that, it's ridiculously close to Hong Kong with loads of flights. Getting a visa puts me off unless it's a decent trip. A whole page of my passport wasted for a weekend cred run doesn't appeal.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

I haven't found any proof but there were recent articles over there about the old Happy Land project in Ho Chi Min starting up again so I suspect that's where the Freestyle Park rides have gone.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

Pony.jpg

The train for Xishuangbanna Theme Park's version of Zampearla's Pony Express is looking really quite excellent.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

That's the B&M flyer complete. The construction pictures below show the completion of the ride but unfortunately don’t show off the ride layout too well.

The water splash down element (Manta style) is behind the Pretzel just before the turn being completed here.

BMNEW1.jpg

BMNEW2.jpg

BMNEW3.jpg

BMNEW4.jpg

BMNEW5.jpg

Source: VHCoasters

Hutch

Strata Poster

I like how it does an overbank right over the brake run. Would like to see a complete overview to sow off the layout.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

Some construction of the park in Xisuangbanna too. B&M looks good although it has a very shallow drop. The Zamperla Pony Express is up too and it looks to me like a clone of the Knott's version (Can anyone confirm? I'm guessing of a fuzzy memory of the ride)

No sign of the Intamin water coaster yet though.

Wandaflyer1.jpg

Wandaflyer2.jpg

Wandaflyer3.jpg

Wandaflyer4.jpg

Wandaflyer5.jpg

Wandaflyer6.jpg

Wandaflyer7.jpg

Source

Lofty

CF Legend

I love the yellow of the Flyer, it's so striking against everything else. Also - it's quite a bit smaller than Manta, isn't it?

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

The park has showed off an image of its new Intamin water coaster too.
Like a slightly shorter Divertical

11665609_1447592925546101_5400797679945503638_n.jpg

11709700_1447593095546084_4296958428854822445_n.jpg

TilenB

Strata Poster

This has already been erected? I thought the construction would take longer. I still can't see why anybody would buy any of these trouble plagued Intamin water coaster things. The first models have proved to be nothing else but a nightmare...

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

xis1.jpg

Better image of the new Intamin water coaster. Looks quite nice actually.