What's new

Walibi Holland | Untamed | RMC Robin Hood Conversion

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
I kind of like it but it seems like it's trying too hard to be cool. Like it's almost fab but a bit weird. Some of it is nice. hmm #conflicted (Never been to the park.)

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
I kind of like it but it seems like it's trying too hard to be cool. Like it's almost fab but a bit weird. Some of it is nice. hmm #conflicted (Never been to the park.)

Pretty much exactly how I feel about it.
I have only visited this park once back in the summer of 2016 and left with a pretty bad impression. Felt a lot like the Thorpe Park of Holland, what with a solid line-up and just about everything else being **** and a park trying embarrassingly hard to cater to a teen audience.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
trying embarrassingly hard to cater to a teen audience.
This is how I feel about it tbh. It's ok but it looks like someone trying to guess what teenagers like and being way off the mark. Serena once said that the indoor section looked like a youth hostel and now it seems they have extended that idea.

Is there a show with an awful attempt at hip hop and a moral message about not taking drugs?

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
To me it looks like the management of the park smoked some weed and was like..."Yeeeaah, lets do this, man!"!

I think it is hideous...but you have to know that the general crowd of the park are teenagers. And it appears that this ugly mess of colors is what they like!

Sandman

Giga Poster
I actually really like the look of this... it's clean, colourful and unique! Just because it is distinctive in style and colour doesn't make it immature at all. It's zany and provocative yes, but it is different and will have a unique appeal. There are plenty of parks that do the same sort of styles over and over, and I'm glad Walibi Holland is trying to do it's own thing here. Props to them for even putting in effort, it's more than a lot of parks will do!

Sandman

Giga Poster
Sorry for double post but also wanted to make the point that with rides like Lost Gravity & Goliath with it's new steely blue repaint, I think this branding is pretty bang on. I bet the Robin Hood RMC will fit really well into these general aesthetics, RMC tracks are already pretty "wacky" in a sense, especially to an unwitting member of the GP too.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Apologies for bumping the thread.
This isn't an update, but I was bored after work yesterday and thought I'd open NL2 for the first time in a while. I made a layout for the RMC Robin Hood conversion, which I like to think is a little more realistic than previous predictions on Youtube. Wasn't sure where to share this, so I thought I'd share it here for anyone that may be interested.
As for the actual coaster, there doesn't seem to be any new information that I can see as of yet. I do frequently check multiple sites but still nothing :(

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Are we still expecting this to debut in 2019? It's just... well, I would have expected stuff to start happening by now.
Hurry up Walibi. Wanna start planning next years trips, and a new RMC virtually on the doorstep simply has to be factored in somewhere. :)

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah, 2019. To be fair, it really won't take them long. They're closing it really soon and then they have at least 6/8 months before opening - that's to say that they'll even open it early in the season.