What's new

Walibi Holland | Lost Gravity | Mack Rides mega coaster

peep

CF Legend
Theres a whole host of images doing the rounds of the theming. Its looking crazy. Some of it is currently looks a bit cheap but it might all come together to create something quite unique.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Lofty

CF Legend
That song is mental - it just doesn't fit a theme park or roller coaster at all, it's such an odd choice.

Lofty

CF Legend
Edit:

Here's the full song, I think?

[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLKzEdAl4Ck[/youtubevid]

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Some more testing pictures from http://themepark.nl/ubb/ubbthreads.php? ... t2309276...

P1020493.jpg

P1020498.jpg

P1020511.jpg

P1020514.jpg

Looks so nice! <3

Lofty

CF Legend
It does look fab - also, the use of chrome satisfies me greatly. I always remember the concept art for The Goddard Group's Silver Surfer coaster that was entirely chrome, my god.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
This thing. It's music. It's theming. So weird.

Still so unsure about this? Like, I don't get it as a concept at all... It's awesome mostly because it's so wtf? I have no idea how it will ride. I have no idea how it will come together. It's such an enigma.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Lofty

CF Legend
Joey said:
...I have no idea how it will ride. I have no idea how it will come together. It's such an enigma.

Or even if it will? There's a high chance this is going to feel like three separate entities under the one experience? The coaster experience as one, the theming elements as another and finally the queue line, music and lighting as another. I'm struggling to see how they will all gel together to create one cohesive guest experience?

The coaster and theming don't seem to interact much at the moment in terms of head/foot choppers - although that may just be my judgement from images and the music doesn't really 'fit', unless the video acts as a form of catalyst and bonding between the two elements? If it does, and the video is shown in the queue line, it just might work as one experience.

But in reality, we're being overly critical, when the majority of the people who go to this park will think "Oh, I know this song and there's a new coaster, yay!".

Lofty

CF Legend
Double post:

The video to the song has nothing to do with the coaster in it whatsoever - apart from shipping containers.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olYxQcJrJug[/youtube]

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Has it been confirmed if that song is all that is being played in the area, or if it's just a soundtrack being used for marketing / part of the ride? This all feels very similar to You Me @ Six's 'The Swarm' song and marketing, and it's just some of the instrumental that's used on park.

Lofty

CF Legend
JoshC. said:
Has it been confirmed if that song is all that is being played in the area, or if it's just a soundtrack being used for marketing / part of the ride? This all feels very similar to You Me @ Six's 'The Swarm' song and marketing, and it's just some of the instrumental that's used on park.
Nothing has been confirmed, but, the park did state that it's their 'theme song', so I'm guessing a form of it will be played in the queue, maybe without the vocals? Like the super **** catchy 'speed of sound' theme tune.

Sneaky

Roller Poster
New Snapchat video containing POV footage (top of the lift to turn after zero-G roll):

[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnlHgHLD3I4[/youtubevid]

Some people say it looks like (forward facing) footage taken out of a 360 degree video of the ride.

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah. Watched the Snapchat video, it CRAWLS after the MCBR :(

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
First half looks pretty fab!

The MCBR really is killing the pace for the second half though. :/ Fingers crossed it's not actually like that when it's running live, but given it's opening tomorrow, I'm not too optimistic...

Lofty

CF Legend
It will be, every single test video has shown that. It'd be so much better if it was working at even 50% of what it is.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

peep

CF Legend
I'm hopefully riding this at the weekend, I'm rather excited about it. I cant wait to see the weird theming in person.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk