What's new

Walibi Holland | Lost Gravity | Mack Rides mega coaster

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Wow, OK? Weird. Was not expecting this!

Not sure about the trains tbh, looks silly to me? I seem to be alone though.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I hate the front of the trains, but I love the look? Mack restraints are awesome, hate the what will be nasty chrome

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

_koppen

Hyper Poster
It would be totally awesome if they can build full long trains with these vehicles on a high speed ride similar to Skyrush!

BigBad

Mega Poster
_koppen said:
It would be totally awesome if they can build full long trains with these vehicles on a high speed ride similar to Skyrush!
I don't see any reason why they couldn't link 9 of them together. The only cars that I don't think could be linked together in a train that long are the B&M dive trains, but that's because of how heavy the train would be.

I hope this is successful, because then there will be more Mack coasters like this and/or a renewed interest in 4-across Intamins (Skyrush). I like the idea of my feet dangling over nothing.

Gazza

Giga Poster
Why would the capacity on this be more of an issue than the multiple large parks that have Eurofighters?

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I guess the thing with most Eurofighters is they have a few mid course block brakes and the like, whereas this only had 1(?)

Means it'll only be able to run 3, maybe 4, trains at most. Don't know how good that'll be for the park, or how that compares to Eurofighters at big parks on the whole though.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
So now we know what happened! This deformed Smiler-looking thing popped up after Smiler was seen leaving the bathroom at Mack's party. They all thought that naturally Cobra's Curse would be the father but SURPRISE!!!! Skyrush is actually the father! Sucks to see Skyrush cheating on Emily and I like that but this should be a really good ride, especially being whipped through some of those inversions in the winged seats. The twisty bits on Skyrush are bonkers in the winged seats, seeing Mack produce something similar on a looper would be quite interesting.

Now Emily and I are off to a taping of trashy daytime television show to discuss the paternity test with Skyrush and maybe cut a **** . Should be fun, watch Jerry Springer on Thursday if you want to see.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ I don' t see how this coaster similar to The Smiler? That has fourteen inversions, this has only has one! Apart from the wing seats, it's obviously nothing like SkyRush either?

Explain yourself!

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
^^Just the fact that it looks very similar color-wise and branding-wise. Both are black and yellow coasters that look absolutely **** ed. Lighten up, I was just joking about. :p

Hutch

Strata Poster
Yeah, I was kind of getting a Smiler vibe too.

I haven't really been keeping up with this coaster and I didn't realize a lot of people were really excited for this. It looks like fun ride, Skyrush trains are a bonus too.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Park has uploaded footage of testing to its snapchat (@walisnaps) I don't know of a way to get the video on here so you'll just have to take my word for it.

Lofty

CF Legend
The drop looks absolutely fantastic, especially on the outer seats. It FLIES!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

Dave

CF Legend
That one car issue of being zippy and slow on the inversions and hills will really play to this rides strengths. Exciting stuff.

Sneaky

Roller Poster
Some testing videos have appeared on youtube.

This one is made by OmroepLaurens (Laurens van Heerde):
[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtbv-XiGGj0[/youtubevid]

And these two by Rogier de Groot (warning, shaky videos):
[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czTiCdvdMM0[/youtubevid]

[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiwRiadAAaI[/youtubevid]