What's new

[Walibi Belgium] Turbine or 'Fabulous'?

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
This might be episode number 29816489 in the Turbine history, but French newspaper 'l'Avenir' has released a new article on the best rollercoaster in Belgium.

The article says that the park is still looking for a way to re-open Turbine. Walibi Belgium has always been aware of the popularity of Turbine and since 2000, they spent buckets of money to keep the ride open. The park is now looking for a solution to re-open Turbine in 2012: totally re-newed and better than ever.

But the article says that the park has already found another solution if the plans to re-open Turbine would fail. The article says the project was released in February 2010 and has the codename: "Fabulous". "Fabulous" would be a new dimension in Spinning Coaster (it was already rumored Walibi Belgium will open a Spinning Coaster with an inversion).

If we may believe the article, Promotions Manager from the park; Dominique Fallon, says the chances for both rides would be 30 - 70, with an adventage for Turbine. The only reason Turbine could be removed is because of the age of the ride and the noise it makes for the locals that practically have Turbine in their garden. Negatively for "Fabulous" is the fact that opening a new ride would be more expensive than re-vamp Turbine.

I'm pretty curious what it is gonna be!

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
Thats such a camp name for a coaster, count me in! But seriously, a launched spinner with an inversion? Woah that would be completely mental, though I cant immagine it spinning too much.

msep003

Roller Poster
i'd rather see a new Coaster then Re Opening La Turbine .

This Coaster was so hated by the Neighbours .

Ben

CF Legend
Why not do what that park REALLY needs... A do BOTH so they actually have you know... rides...