What's new

Walibi Belgium | Tiki Waka | Gerstlauer Bobsled Coaster

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
I think it is already known that Walibi Belgium is going to invest alot of money in their park. With a masterplan till 2023 and even beyond, the park will get a complete make-over. First project of this make- over is the arrival of a Tiki themed zone, including a brand rollercoaster from Gerstlauer.

e8qsnYG.jpg

Today, during the annual Walibi Belgium Fan Day, the park released an onride and offride simulation of the Gerstlauer Bobsled coaster! Video is in pretty poor quality, but you can obviously see what it is all about!

Video by Walibi Belgium, Gerstlauer and Les Accros de Walibi Belgium

Last edited:

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Coaster looks fab to be honest. Nice little bit of interaction with the surroundings too. Very solid coaster for the park and has potential to be the best coaster there.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Finally a closer look at the construction site of the new coaster. Or at least the station. It might look like there still is alot of work to do, the park believes they can open their new coaster on March 31st, first day of the season!

RM5oA5M.png

peep

CF Legend
It might look like there still is alot of work to do, the park believes they can open their new coaster on March 31st, first day of the season!

I feel like Gerst Bobs are the sort of coaster that once track starts to go up it's completed pretty quickly so I don't see why not. I keep forgetting this is happening, must return at some point this year to check it out.

Lofty

CF Legend
I feel like Gerst Bobs are the sort of coaster that once track starts to go up it's completed pretty quickly so I don't see why not. I keep forgetting this is happening, must return at some point this year to check it out.
Definitely, look at the Parisian one, it's absolutely flown up.

Sandman

Giga Poster
I actually can't wait for the surrounding area to grow over again, it's gonna look lovely with a fuller backdrop :)

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
I like the colours as well! Vibrant, but not too eccentric. Even though this coaster is only the beginning of a much larger investment plan, it makes me happy and want to return to this park for the first time in a over a decade :)