What's new

Walibi Belgium ready for its transformation!

Nel Iglesias

Roller Poster
Let's start! (BTW I know that Kristof already posted stuff but I am mid exams and haven't had time to post the pictures so here we go:)
9th JUne 2018 was Exotic World's inauguration. Here are some pictures that I took and my personal experience!
start.jpg

We all received this VIP EXPLORER pass so that we could enter the zone because it was an exclusive event.
1.jpg

When entering the Exotic World we received a coconut that we could drink out!
2.jpg

We then got to see these dancers/actors/musicians who entertained us and were very nicely painted!
d1.jpg

d2.jpg

d3.jpg

d4.jpg

d5.jpg

d6.jpg

d7.jpg

d8.jpg

This is a lil sign where you can put your head in and take beautiful pictures with.
4.jpg

5.jpg

The food stands were very exotically-decorated and the food was delicious.
6.jpg

The drinks were also good (no alcohol, I'm still underaged...)
7.jpg

8.jpg

Now let's start with Tiki-Waka! It officially opened that day. A lot of people talked about the growth and change of the themepark and how beautiful the new Walibi would be in the next upcoming 5 years.
9.jpg

10.jpg

Tiki-waka's waitingline looks finished, here are the new details that have been added:
11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

An overall view of the waitingline when empty:
14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

There is a space where you can buy your pictures, and that day it was in work although you couldn't buy them you could still see them!
17.jpg

Here is the camera:
18.jpg

That's when the picture is taken:
19.jpg

That was it! If you want to see more pictures you can click here for more.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Sorry for the double post...new concept-arts for the Indian restaurant in 2019, queue building for the Mack Twist 'n' Splash, the New Orléans mardi grass themed restaurant and the African restaurant for 2021.

35415474_10213391824124708_7533083332481908736_n.jpg

B9715517614Z.1_20180425180325_000%2BG6CB61QGB.1-0.jpg

B9715540431Z.1_20180427163816_000%2BG9AB6BRH4.1-0.jpg

35402351_10213391823564694_2891165636258430976_n.jpg

35464688_10213391822844676_6711133906080366592_n.jpg

Pictures by La Meuse and La Nouvelle Gazette

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Today, at an IAAPA press conference, Walibi Belgium announced that they have signed a contract a megacoaster, that will open in 2021. Of course, they didn't tell which manufacturer! True thing is that Walibi Belgium will open the biggest, highest and fastest megacoaster in the Benelux.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
True thing is that Walibi Belgium will open the biggest, highest and fastest megacoaster in the Benelux.

Hmm... as far as I can tell, they then have to beat Goliath at Walibi Holland in all three categories: 46.8 m tall, 106 km/h fast, and 1,214 m long. Okay, depending on one's interpretation of "biggest" it doesn't necessarily have to be longer than Goliath, but with a certain height and speed, length tends to come automatically.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
I can't remember where I heard this (@KristofWB might have said it), but I remember that the coaster was stated to be 53m or 173.9ft (I think?) tall.

The lay-out and stats of this megacoaster were just to set an example for enviromental permits and such. There wasn't a manufacturer chosen back then, so it was just purely illustrative.

Fans now think that Walibi Belgium might reveal the manufacturer of the megacoaster during the annual Walibi Belgium Fan Day in October.

Matt N

CF Legend
The lay-out and stats of this megacoaster were just to set an example for enviromental permits and such. There wasn't a manufacturer chosen back then, so it was just purely illustrative.

Fans now think that Walibi Belgium might reveal the manufacturer of the megacoaster during the annual Walibi Belgium Fan Day in October.
Ah right! Thanks @KristofWB! I look forward to October, in that case!

Matt N

CF Legend
I hear more and more sources say that Walibi Belgium has signed a deal with Intamin to build their megacoaster!
So we could potentially be seeing a ride akin to Hyperion? Would be a good fit. But most major hyper manufacturers seem to have been talked about with regards to this project, so I'm not sure. Guess we'll find out at Walibi Belgium Fanday or whatever it's called. When is that again, @KristofWB?

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
So we could potentially be seeing a ride akin to Hyperion? Would be a good fit. But most major hyper manufacturers seem to have been talked about with regards to this project, so I'm not sure. Guess we'll find out at Walibi Belgium Fanday or whatever it's called. When is that again, @KristofWB?

Mostly the first day of Halloween, so mid October!

Ethan

Strata Poster
^ I assume they picked quite a while ago tbh, only we don't know the outcome yet. If it is Intamin, I'm hoping over an oversized Megalite sort of deal.

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
The expected stats are also really close to Expedition GeForce it's stats (3m smaller and 4kmph faster) Would be cool seeing something like that.
Who knows... a top 10 coaster in Belgium :D