What's new

Walibi Belgium ready for its transformation!

Nel Iglesias

Roller Poster
Pictures of the inauguration incoming:
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG
9.JPG
10.JPG
11.JPG
12.JPG
13.JPG
14.JPG
15.JPG

(Would love to see fake chickens :D in the lil stall)
16.JPG
17.JPG

This looks like there is still some theming missing!
18.JPG
19.JPG
20.JPG

You may not see it but in a lot of those pictures it was raining and ugly so I really tried making them pop out more!
Sorry if some pictures are blurry... I don't know why my camera was hating on me that day... :/

Nel Iglesias

Roller Poster
I really need to add something I made in Photoshop. It reflects nearly everything you can find in the rethemed zone called Karma World:
Actually this is something I made for my Instagram wall (i'm not completely done with this pic btw so sorry for imperfections)...
(You are all getting a preview of what could possibly take a month to post)!

I really loved showing off that preview so i'm doing it again!
Like I said before: This picture reflects nearly everything you can find in the rethemed zone called Karma World & Fun World.
INSTAGRAM_PICS_V5.jpg

INSTAGRAM_PICS_V5.jpg

This picture is actually made for Fan Club Walibi's Instagram account (go check it out IG: FanClubWalibi).
We really try hard to be original. This year Instagram was our main focus!

Last edited:

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Great job, Nel! Thanks for sharing.
Karma World and Fun World have their own soundtrack aswell, provided by IMAscore.

For 2020, Walibi Belgium has announced to Themeparks-EU that they will focus on the re-theme of the parks entrance, which will become a multifunctional and year-round opened place with shops, restaurants and both entrance to Walibi Belgium and Aqualibi.

Also for 2020 is the re-theme of the Fabulous area (including logflume FlashBack, Pulsar and Psyké Underground) to Dock World, a marine themed zone.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Today, during the annual Walibi Belgium Fan Day, the park announced that the re-theme of the parks entrance is pushed back to another time for 'technical reasons'. This means no novelties for next year or no new rides.

However, next year the park will celebrate its 45th birthday, with lots of festivities throughout the season. And a full focus on the arrival of the megacoaster, which is coming in 2021.

How does Walibi Belgium celebrate a birthday? This one is from the 40th birthday in 2015...

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Thanks for the update! Was anything mentioned about the Dock World area / retheme?

Also for 2020 is the re-theme of the Fabulous area (including logflume FlashBack, Pulsar and Psyké Underground) to Dock World, a marine themed zone.

It feels wrong to complain given the last couple of years of investment, and investments to come, but it's a shame that there's delays to some of their plans. I'm still particularly disappointed that we'll be seeing the Wild West area as it is for a while longer - that area is in desperate need of attention in my opinion!

Nel Iglesias

Roller Poster
Thanks for the update! Was anything mentioned about the Dock World area / retheme?

It feels wrong to complain given the last couple of years of investment, and investments to come, but it's a shame that there's delays to some of their plans. I'm still particularly disappointed that we'll be seeing the Wild West area as it is for a while longer - that area is in desperate need of attention in my opinion!

Don't be saddened! i think this is a great moment to take a break and give the other themeparks in Belgium a little bit of spotlight :D ! All of this doesn't mean Walibi isn't doing anything major in the park! ;-) Trust me, they are! it's just more in the backstages etc.
Next season will be a season full of fun and (hopefully) exciting stuff!

Nothing was mentioned about Dock World. They only talked about the haunted houses. That's all.
More info coming soon tho.