What's new

Walibi Belgium | Pulsar | Mack Power Splash

_koppen

Hyper Poster
Well, dosen't this looks fabulous!

peep said:
Mack have worked some sort of engineering magic on this attraction. Seriously had concerns about the refilling. I just still don't understand how they've pulled it off.

I would imagine it's just floodgates that opens and then it's pumped out between cycles. Very old and tested technology, so no reason to worry about being spited ;)

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Look at that splash!

splash_optimized_0.gif

GIF by Walibi Belgium

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
It is a perplexing cool-looking ride. You wouldn't anticipate there being much to it, but those mild pops of airtime mixed with the splashdown could turn into something quite fun.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Take away the splash and it's basically RC Racer, but a bit taller. I honestly can't see why people are excited for this.

nadroJ

CF Legend
^THIS!!! And by all intents and purposes it's not a **** cred. Seriously if we're not counting DiskOs but we're counting this then just **** everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Surely the difference between this and a Disko is the fact that Diskos are powered? This has launches and actual 'coasting' sections, and just in general seems very "coastery", unlike a Disko. To be honest, if this isn't a cred, I wouldn't class Shuttle Loop coasters as a cred either.

(I know me saying this could make it sound like I'm saying that all powered coasters aren't creds, but I'm not trying to say that, just Diskos :p )

Lofty

CF Legend
But, this is 'powered' by means of LSM's, DiskO's are powered and then free roll for a slight time, the same as RC Racer which is also classed as a coaster...

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
But this is quite clearly a coaster, a Disko isn't. It's hard to explain why because they are basically the same thing, but they aren't as the same time, if that makes sense.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Lofty

CF Legend
owentaylor121 said:
if that makes sense.

No, it doesn't, but sometimes it does, but on this occasion it doesn't.

Get the point?

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Lofty said:
owentaylor121 said:
if that makes sense.

No, it doesn't, but sometimes it does, but on this occasion it doesn't.

Get the point?
It's the same way Superman and Tower of Terror 2 are classed as coasters, same for the old shuttle coasters.

Lofty

CF Legend
This is the thing though - there can't be one rule for one and not for the others. Do Disko'O's move portions of the track without the aid of a power source? Yes. Do Mack powered coasters? No, yet they're classed as coasters. It's all very fickle.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
Lofty said:
Do Mack powered coasters? No, yet they're classed as coasters. It's all very fickle.

The thing with Mack powered coasters is, that on downwards slopes, their speed will increase because of gravity.

Ben

CF Legend
^That happens on the Disk'Os as well.

I've still never heard a valid argument against the Disk'O coasters (avec hump) counting.

Lofty

CF Legend
TheCoasterCruiser said:
Lofty said:
Do Mack powered coasters? No, yet they're classed as coasters. It's all very fickle.

The thing with Mack powered coasters is, that on downwards slopes, their speed will increase because of gravity.
Yeah, that's still not a valid point to what I'm trying to say though :lol:

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.