What's new

[Walibi Belgium] Mack AG "Power Splash" for 2016!

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Re: [Walibi Belgium] Mack AG "World's First" for 2016!

Hmm, I don't particularly like shuttle rides like this very much, but somehow I think it'll suite Walibi quite well. It's a fairly 'big ride' yet still tame enough to be family-friendly. It'll be good for non-riders to watch because of the splashdown. Not the worst choice in history, but still disappointing from an enthusiast point of view.

nadroJ

CF Legend

It works John.

Looks really odd alongside Psyke Underground, but at least it's something a bit different!

Dar

Hyper Poster

I wonder how they're going to keep the boat moving through that trough? Unless the track is only going to touch the surface to give a nice splash?

Unless they're going for the DVH method of underwater drive tyres?

:)

TilenB

Strata Poster

Having 2 shuttle coasters with those big-ass spikes next to one another does seem kind of funky. I wonder how it is going to turn out. :D

KristofWB

Hyper Poster

So...what do we know already...

* 45 meters high, making it the highest rollercoaster in Belgium.
* 100 kmph as maximum speed, the fastest rollercoaster in Belgium.
* First launch: 50 kmph - 25 meters high (backwards), second launch: 80 kmph - 35 meters high (forward) and the third, backwards launch is 100 kmph up to 45 meters.
* 90° drops
* Path to the ride over the lake, ment to soak visitors
* Name and theme will be announced later this year.
* Construction of the ride will start this spring.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Sorry to burst your bubble Kristof, but this certainly isn't a rollercoaster!

elephant58

Hyper Poster

^It's clearly a rollercoaster, it has a hill in the middle. :wink:

TilenB

Strata Poster

Martyn B said:
Sorry to burst your bubble Kristof, but this certainly isn't a rollercoaster!

What is it then? A ghost train?
If those Butterflies and Half-Pipes can be considered as coaster, this most certainly can be as well

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

So, just like an Intamin Twisted Impulse coaster, just that it's not twisted, not inverted, has a hill in the middle and splashes (thus making it not very like an Intamin Twisted Impulse coaster at all)?

Oh well, at least I guess it'll be fun. And it doesn't sound like it'd break down constantly.

HighExtreme

Roller Poster
I feel sorry for Walibi Belgium, I feel the park is crying out for a solid signature coaster like Goliath at sister park Walibi Holland, something full circuit, they have enough shuttle coasters now, something with a bespoke layout as they have more than enough off the shelf models and something more reliable than Loup-Garou.

They put up with Vertigo going up and down, Psyke Underground been non operational for ages and the attached water park been demolished and rebuilt more or less exactly the same as it was before. In all the times I've visited Walibi Belgium over the years there's always something SBNO.

Giant Half Pipe Disk'o-Coaster SuperSplash looks fun though!