What's new

[Walibi Belgium] Mack AG "Power Splash" for 2016!

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Re: [Walibi Belgium] Mack AG "World's First" for 2016!

Other rumors came up, claiming that Walibi Belgium will be the first park in the world to open a brand new version of the Mack Watercoaster. The new concept is somekind of rafting watercoaster, a watercoaster that can also make lateral movements, rapid river sections, steep drops and rollercoaster sections. The ride would have normally been installed at Port Aventura, but was replaced by a Splash Battle; Ankor.

Dominique Fallon, working for the park from 1975 till 2014 and now retired, said in an interview before his retirement, that his new ride is the first one in a row which is still to come. After 5 years with renovating their older rides, the time has come to expand the park with new rides. Enthusiasts say that this news was also told to them during the parks Fan Day on October 18th. If possible, the new rides need to be in the old Walibi-tradition: groundbreaking rides, Europe's first of if possible, worlds first.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

^ Very interesting!
Saw that concept a while ago and thought it sounded really amazing if done right.

Martyn B

CF Legend

The "brand new coaster type for Europe" could well be the Walibi Holland 2016 ride...

ThomVD

Giga Poster

^ Walibi Holland did say that one of the most important reasons for them to go with Mack is that they want something very reliable. They want something that will have very little downtime and high capacity. I'm not sure if they'll be very innovative then. Considering that there isn't any Mack coaster type that hasn't been build in Europe yet (as far as I know), it would have to be a new type of ride, which would mean it would be risky, and possibly have technical problems.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

KristofWB said:
The ride would have normally been installed at Port Aventura, but was replaced by a Splash Battle; Ankor.

The ride was never meant to be installed at Port Aventura, it was just presented at a meeting with a Mack Ride employee and Pafans.com

For those interested they talk about it in this video about about 30 mites in.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-dR9tX2KF0#t=10[/youtube]

KristofWB

Hyper Poster

Next year, July 26th 2015, Walibi Belgium celebrates their 40th birthday. For this festive season, Walibi Belgium has prepared some 'surprises'.

First of all, Walibi Belgium will replace it's 4D-movie 'Rokken Roll' by a new movie. The park is pretty mysterious about something simple as a 4D-movie, but I believe it has something to do with 40 years Walibi Belgium.

Aqualibi, the waterpark from Walibi Belgium which was completely renovated in 2011, will get a brand new waterslide. It is also not known which slide, though it is rumoured it could be a Looping Slide or a Master Blaster. This probably has something to do to keep up with PlopsAqua, which opens in 2015.

Another news is coming from 'DW Production', a Belgian theming/decoration company who also decorated the Asylum haunted house for Halloween this year. The company said on Twitter that starting from Monday they will start some projects in Walibi Belgium. On their Facebook-page, they said they will start with the theming for several existing rides in Walibi Belgium. They also say this theming has to be as impressive as Universals of Disneys theming, without any copying. The new overall Walibi-concept -Music Battle- will not be part of the theming. So some existing rides will be themed after what they are named after. So if I might think ahead: werewolf and horror theming for Loup-Garou and Vampire? Arabian/Indian theming for Radja River?

To be continued!

JoshJ753

Roller Poster

CookieCoasters said:
Joey said:
what's the rider min height for the standard water coasters?

At Europa Park, I believe it is 1m for Atlantica and 1.2m for Poseidon. However, when I was last there, some of the boats on Poseidon had individual lap bars, just like the newer water coaster at Djurs, so maybe this allows them to lower the height restriction?

At tusenfryd, their superslash has a height limit of 1.20. Is that common?

KristofWB

Hyper Poster

The new ride for Walibi Belgium in 2016 is now listed on RCDB as a rollercoaster. If we may believe all the rumors and details going around now, we might get the first watercoaster in Belgium!

Still, I'm waiting for the parks first information about the ride. More info is exected at the beginning of 2015!

ThomVD

Giga Poster

So according to Looopings it's going to be a "Boomerang Splash".

It's 40 meters tall. Manufactured by Mack.

Boats will go up a lifthill on one side (So like a Vekoma boomerang, but you're facing the other side, so it is basically like a normal lifthil). Then it drops backwards, creates a 'backwards splash'. Then it gets pulled up the lifthill on the other side. Forwards drop. Then the ride returns to the station. There's also a little hill in the middle.

2wbmackpowersplash120115.jpg

It will be placed between the drop tower and the log flume (I have no idea where that is, but anyone familiar with the park would know).

I'm not sure how confirmed it is, since I've only seen it on looopings so far, but it does seem like a possibility. Not sure if this will be particularly good, but it will certainly be interesting. Overall a disappointment though for me. I was hoping for a mack mega or something. Now hoping Walibi Holland doesn't get something equally meh.

Source: http://www.looopings.nl/weblog/3322/Loo ... plash.html

Lofty

CF Legend

I love it - Mack released their concert at IAAPA of a splash boat see-saw thing and now Vekoma do this (if it happens).

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

Oh, that's disappointing...

Especially since this park NEEDS a good big addition...

Also Lofty, it's still a Mack product, the Vekoma mention is only comparative to the Boomerang style ride...

peep

CF Legend

With Benin, very disappointed if this is true. They needed a large iconic ride, not a fad "first" ride. The location description sounds like it'd run along the back of the lake, or at an angle, will look odd there. If I have time I might mock up a pic of what I mean.

ThomVD

Giga Poster

^^ Especially considering they already have two decent looking water rides and two shuttle style rides.

And to avoid further confusion I've added that it is manufactured by Mack.

Lofty

CF Legend

Ahhh - sorry, I totally haven't read it properly.

In that case - I am glad to see that their product has come in leaps and bounds since their prototype model they showcased at IAAPA. This actually looks pretty good in my opinion.

TilenB

Strata Poster

It's an interesting and mostly unique concept (similar to Intamin Surfrider, I guess), but I'm on the same boat with the others on this one. The park deserves a good ride that would make it really worth of visiting (currently the only such ride is Psyké, others seem quite meh). This looks more of an another try on something Vertigo-ish, but at least from a more renowned company this time round...

Martyn B

CF Legend

Yawn!

I certainly the Walibi World ride is a bit more interesting!

KristofWB

Hyper Poster

Because of the leak from Looopings about what could be the new ride for Walibi Belgium, the park has announced to WalibiBand that a press release will be out soon. So in a couple of days, we will learn more about this Boomerang Splash or whatever they will be opening for 2016!

STC

Mega Poster

Is it 40 metres, as in the first post, or 40ft? If it's 40m that's 130ft which would be absolutely massive (Atlantica SuperSplash is only 100ft).

ThomVD

Giga Poster

^ The sides are 40 meters. I doubt you'll go up all the way though. Vekoma Boomerangs are also around that size.