What's new

[Walibi Belgium] Mack AG "Power Splash" for 2016!

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Today, Walibi Belgium had it's annual Fan Day, where they invite fans for a whole day of ERT, specials and lot's more.

A couple of minutes ago, the park announced that they will open a brand new ride in 2016. Not much details have been given; except that it will be build by Mack AG and it will be a world premiere.

Further details will be given later.

So finally, after 15 years, Walibi Belgium has something new to offer!

TilenB

Strata Poster
Re: [Walibi Belgium] Mack AG "World's First" for 2016!

Walibi Belgium as well? I wonder if they will buy some kind of a double package for both parks. Pretty excited for both of these 2!

ThomVD

Giga Poster

Exciting! I guess I'll have to postpone my trip until 2016 then, or just visit it again since it's a day trip anyway.

Wonder if it will be something virtual reality-ish, since Mack announced something like that a while ago, didn't they?

KristofWB

Hyper Poster

Some details have been given about the new ride in 2016!

* The new ride is custome made by Mack for Walibi Belgium.
* The ride was supposed to open in 2015 for Walibi's 40th birthday. There is a delay of the date because of the size of this project.
* Walibi Belgium and Walibi Holland will not open the same ride as many people thought.
* The fact that Walibi Holland and Belgium both chose Mack is pure coincidence. Mack both offered them the ride they both liked the most!

peep

CF Legend

Huzzah, really looking forward to finding out more about this.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster

At this moment there are several rumors going around about this new ride. Some people say the park will built a Suspended Spinning Coaster above the parks lake, reaching a speed of 100 kmph.

Other rumors talk about a new and improved version of a Mack Water Coaster, while some believe they will build an XL-version of Alpina Blitz from Nigloland with several inversions.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster

^Out of those rumours, I'd say the latter is what the park 'really' needs. It has quite a lot of average coasters which a suspended spinning coaster and water coaster would probably be. But the park lacks a signature coaster.

I'm very curious though being that it is meant to be a world's first.

BBH

Giga Poster

World's first drop track on a mega-lite coaster with inversions?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

This is great news. I've a soft spot for WB and Mack. It should be a good partnership.

After years of poddling along, I like the way that the parent company, CDA, are cautiously investing again. It started a few years ago with Oz Iris at Asterix. They're not chucking money at their parks for the sake of it, they are making reasoned choices.

No idea what it can be but I don't think the worlds first will be a gimmick (like a drop etc) but probably a record of some variety.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

Omg a launched log Flume with inversions. :0

On a serious note, I think the park needs something big. The best they have is either Loup-Garou or Psyke Underground.

Something like Piraten or Helix would work well.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

KristofWB

Hyper Poster

A message from Mack AG. Will Walibi Belgium get a worlds first waterride? Many rumors now point into the direction of a new and improved version of a Mack Watercoaster!

Foto550-QYGCEVHZ.jpg

Source: CoasterFriends.de

Ethan

Strata Poster

My bet is on first inverting water coaster...

If there isn't already one.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

Well, it could be that Mack has decided to follow in the footsteps of the Accelerator and the Mega-Lite, and offer their own version of the AquaTrax.

Then again, that would imply an AquaTrax being built, as well as Walibi Belgium actually investing in a coaster, and I don't think those two elements of the Venn diagram are going to overlap at any time in the next 10^124 years. It's like winning the lottery and being hit by a meteorite on the same day three years in a row.

So I guess it's more likely to be a second-hand SuperSplash.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Remember also that Mack presented a new revolutionary raft ride system about year ago.

It also says in the article that there is a new type of coaster for Europe as well, so that could also be it.

ThomVD

Giga Poster

Which existing type of mack coaster hasn't been built in Europe yet?

KristofWB

Hyper Poster

I don't know if this source is serious, but on ThemeParkVision, a Belgian enthusiast discussionboard some people say that the new ride will be build on the parks lake and that this ride will have at least one inversion. So now these rumours points into the direction of the first watercoaster with inversions.

We'll see...but I hope there will be more news from the park soon!

_koppen

Hyper Poster

ThomVD said:
Which existing type of mack coaster hasn't been built in Europe yet?

I think they mean a brad new coaster type and that it will be located in Europe, not just a new for Europe coaster. Also I don't think there is a Mack coaster type that does not exist in Europe.

KristofWB said:
So now these rumours points into the direction of the first watercoaster with inversions.

I wouldn't be so sure about that, a water coaster with inversions would be one of the most complicated ride systems out there, as it would need to be designed with up-stop wheels. They could do it without actual water contact, like an aquatrax, but seeing how many Intamin sold of them I think it is unlikely.

I can actually see them building the big scale inverted coaster with inversions and spinning vehicles that Hersheypark did not want to prototype. Now that Arthur seems to be working as it should it should be easier to make such an investment decision.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

I hope its their answer to Goliath but I somehow doubt it. And I'm not sure its right for the park anyway, I'm just being selfish.

I dislike water coasters personally, but if its less splash and more coaster, I'll be happy. Its perfect for the average guest though, height restrictions depending, what's the rider min height for the standard water coasters?

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster

Joey said:
what's the rider min height for the standard water coasters?

At Europa Park, I believe it is 1m for Atlantica and 1.2m for Poseidon. However, when I was last there, some of the boats on Poseidon had individual lap bars, just like the newer water coaster at Djurs, so maybe this allows them to lower the height restriction?