What's new

[Walibi Belgium] Halloween 2019

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Walibi Belgium announced their Halloween specials yesterday. It seems that the park has dropped their 'Enjoy the Day, Fear the Night' concept and focus on their recently re-themed zones.

The park presents 9 haunted experiences for 2019, including three brand new ones. 4 Halloween shows and 9 late night openings till 10 PM.

Old haunted houses returning:
• Bloc H
• Mine Blast
• Quarantine
• Blood Bar
• Panic House 4D

Brand new haunted houses:
• The House of Silent Jill, based on a Belgian TV-show about paranormal activity. A1635442-6C73-4964-8E4B-0C6947AA66BB.jpeg

• The Curse of Amun, located in the backstage of Challenge of Tutankhamon!
A96CF18E-C8A6-48D7-A8D8-2F41BCA232CA.jpegA96CF18E-C8A6-48D7-A8D8-2F41BCA232CA.jpeg

• Nagulaï, an Indian themed maze, located next to Popcorn Revenge in Karma World.

45A0D4D7-79B1-4AC6-8001-671CFF7EC707.jpeg45A0D4D7-79B1-4AC6-8001-671CFF7EC707.jpeg

Source: Walibi Belgium

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I'm unsure if I'm getting my parks mixed up, but didn't Walibi have a maze last year where guests were handicuffed / had hands tied during the maze (Black Rose or something?).

A shame if that's disappearing as it sounded like an interesting concept! Though I'm certainly find of them keeping with the theme of the individual areas they've created!

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
I'm unsure if I'm getting my parks mixed up, but didn't Walibi have a maze last year where guests were handicuffed / had hands tied during the maze (Black Rose or something?).

A shame if that's disappearing as it sounded like an interesting concept! Though I'm certainly find of them keeping with the theme of the individual areas they've created!

It was Black Rose. This maze is replaced by Silent Jill. But since Silent Jill is some sort of PR-stunt from Belgian TV-channel RTL-TVI, I am sure Black Rose will return next year!

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
Saw it as well. Sadly enough their website isn't working well yet so no more info can be found there.

Noticeable is that they reduced Bloc H from 5 to 4 in "scaryness" and Mine Blast from 4 to 3 (According to my experiences this is more reflecting the real scare-factor, so good)
Black Rose was good indeed. Sad that they theme it to a movie which is only known in 50% of Belgium but the theme could be interesting, so maybe it won't matter.
Where is blood bar going to be @KristofWB? Since the island is gone.

Edit: Also interesting to see 2 new scare zones. One themed to Exotic world (extra curious for this one) and one for Karma.
The Mine area one is gone, strange, because it seemed to be good.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Where is blood bar going to be @KristofWB? Since the island is gone.

I have no idea. The island is still there, but they have planted some trees on it. Maybe the interior of the Dalton Burger restaurant?

Walibi has also posted their pre-movie for Halloween! They are very early this year!

Nel Iglesias

Roller Poster
Really quick to say that the source of the first pictures are actually from Fan Club Walibi haha (I took those so yeah)...

Let's add more visuals to this topic:
FBPOSTAMUN.png
FBPOSTSILENTJILL.png
FBPOSTNAGULAI.png

Source: Fan Club Walibi

Nagula is a celebration day for the Hindus. This day is mostly celebrated by married women who praise the Serpent Gods for the wellbeing of their children. Interesting...

Also Silent Jill will be a haunted house that will REALLY put expectations HIGH this year! Silent Jill has been working on this project with Walibi since last season, she has been working very closely with Walibi to make this the most frightening house. I've heard that they really are trying to have the scariest haunted house of Europe. The full on experience should be 15 minutes long and in really little groups of people. This will be certainly and most importantly be the scariest haunted house you will ever visit!

Fun fact, I recreated the AMUN logo in 5 hours.
I also recreated the Black Rose AND Lumberjack logo. (If this ain't passion then I don't know what is!)

Last edited:

Nel Iglesias

Roller Poster
I also need to add that this years new haunted house "The House of Silent Jill" will NOT be included in the RIP PASS!!! And the entry price will be 15 euro's for this haunted house! In other words: Walibi is doing it different this year and I think I like it!

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
I also need to add that this years new haunted house "The House of Silent Jill" will NOT be included in the RIP PASS!!! And the entry price will be 15 euro's for this haunted house! In other words: Walibi is doing it different this year and I think I like it!
Then it'll need to be super good :eek: with that price. Expecting some real private acting (hope there'll be someone like the sister of the Black Rose family then ?)

Nel Iglesias

Roller Poster
Then it'll need to be super good :eek: with that price. Expecting some real private acting (hope there'll be someone like the sister of the Black Rose family then ?)

I am sure Black Rose will return next year!
Well to be fair, Black Rose wasn't that scary at all. It was beautifully themed, yes. (props to Walibi for that theming, credits are given where they're due)!

The public was not amused by Black Rose at all... I also really don't think it will come back soon either.

If "The House Of Silent Jill" really achieves that high scarefactor we might aswell see it come back next year! ;-) But for now on it's really all just a big question mark about how scary this is all really going to be.

Here are the prices of the haunted houses:

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Traditionally, the parks dodgems are transformed into a haunted house. Third year for prison themed Bloc H!

1D7393DE-3E5D-4BC1-A561-AFFB54F044E1.jpeg

27D88DD6-857B-47E7-9A0C-35832603BC16.jpeg

Outdoor maze Quarantine has moved to the Go Karts because the former location is now being prepared for construction of the mega coaster!

1F86D288-8524-4D17-9682-2054AD307878.jpeg

JammyH

Hyper Poster
I have changed my mind and plan on visiting on Halloween spooky days instead of Fright Nights, so on a Monday with opening times 10am-5pm. Is anyone able to give me a rough indication of how busy it might be and how long the queues will be, wondering whether its worth getting silver fast lane for the day?

Also is there left luggage or lockers on site as would have my suitcase with me and won't be able to visit unless there is somewhere to store my bag

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
I have changed my mind and plan on visiting on Halloween spooky days instead of Fright Nights, so on a Monday with opening times 10am-5pm. Is anyone able to give me a rough indication of how busy it might be and how long the queues will be, wondering whether its worth getting silver fast lane for the day?

Also is there left luggage or lockers on site as would have my suitcase with me and won't be able to visit unless there is somewhere to store my bag
I wemt there on a normal day last year. Note that the weather was fairly bad, so could be of influence. I waited 0 minutes for all haunted houses (except for black rose, which is now silent Jill.
For the attractions I think the longest queue was 30 minutes except for Vampire and Werewolf at the start of the day, they were a bit longer (and Tiki Waka had issues and was on and off durning thr day)

But if you talk about silver fast lane, I think you are confusing walibi belgium and Walibi Holland ;)

Jorben_R

Roller Poster
I have no idea. The island is still there, but they have planted some trees on it. Maybe the interior of the Dalton Burger restaurant?

Walibi has also posted their pre-movie for Halloween! They are very early this year!

The Blood Bar is going inside the Train Station at the entrance, nearby the restaurant "La Terrasse"

Nel Iglesias

Roller Poster
I did Silent Jill (I'm not going to spoil ANYTHING major! sorry guys)

So we all needed to gather at the bloodbar to "prepare" ourselves for Slient Jill. There we needed to take off our bags, shoes and coats for the haunted house. They also asked for our phones and put them in a safe place. We got rubbery boots that go up to above our knee (like Ariana Grande her boots lmao). We got asked to go on our knees and they all handcuffed us to a metal chain. Then we left the bloodbar and all had to do the "walk of shame"! We walked in the themepark where every visitor could see us. Once arrived at the haunted house they took off our handcuffs and we all entered in little groups of 2/4 people.

Storyline: Silent Jill's soul has been captured in this haunted and abandoned house. The only way out is to save her soul by calling out the demon present in the house. Don't be fooled, because the demon is following you during your whole visit and might make you do things you don't want to! ? Will you survive this demon? Will you save Silent Jill and help her out!? There's only ONE way to find out! ;-)

The experience overall was scary and filled with screams.
The whole house is based on nearly every phobia that excists. At some point I nearly cried (and I never cry in haunted houses). It was REALLY beautifully made, the overall design of the house is completely different from the inside. They really had to break walls inside the house and so much more! There's also a part that is JUST like the haunted house of Walibi Holland called "BELOW". That part had us shaking too!

The best way to experience this is by trying it out! People who hate spiders, snakes and other insects really need to stay out of this house, unless you're ready to face your biggest fears!

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
I did Silent Jill (I'm not going to spoil ANYTHING major! sorry guys)

So we all needed to gather at the bloodbar to "prepare" ourselves for Slient Jill. There we needed to take off our bags, shoes and coats for the haunted house. They also asked for our phones and put them in a safe place. We got rubbery boots that go up to above our knee (like Ariana Grande her boots lmao). We got asked to go on our knees and they all handcuffed us to a metal chain. Then we left the bloodbar and all had to do the "walk of shame"! We walked in the themepark where every visitor could see us. Once arrived at the haunted house they took off our handcuffs and we all entered in little groups of 2/4 people.

Storyline: Silent Jill's soul has been captured in this haunted and abandoned house. The only way out is to save her soul by calling out the demon present in the house. Don't be fooled, because the demon is following you during your whole visit and might make you do things you don't want to! ? Will you survive this demon? Will you save Silent Jill and help her out!? There's only ONE way to find out! ;-)

The experience overall was scary and filled with screams.
The whole house is based on nearly every phobia that excists. At some point I nearly cried (and I never cry in haunted houses). It was REALLY beautifully made, the overall design of the house is completely different from the inside. They really had to break walls inside the house and so much more! There's also a part that is JUST like the haunted house of Walibi Holland called "BELOW". That part had us shaking too!

The best way to experience this is by trying it out! People who hate spiders, snakes and other insects really need to stay out of this house, unless you're ready to face your biggest fears!

Ugh...I think this is what Halloween in Walibi Belgium is about. They always have to go that little bit over the top. As they did with Project Z by making you crawl through some scenes, or did get you out of your comfortzone. I heard some other reviews from other fans that they often almost left the house...

Can't wait to try it myself on November 3d!