What's new

[Walibi Belgium] Halloween 2014: Zombies vs. Vampires!

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Now the summerseason is over, Walibi Belgium is preparing itself for the ultimate periode during the season: Halloween.

Started as some kind of small event in 2000, Halloween has been grown into one of the biggest Halloweenevents in Belgium and Holland.

Since 2008, the park has started a Halloween storyline about a crazy circusmanager having its own Carnival of Freaks. Now, in 2014 the storyline is still running and continues year after year.

2008: Walibi Belgium introduces Draco, an old, silent and creepy circusmanager, hosting his own Carnival of Freaks.

2009: Next edition of Draco's Monster Festival. The old, senile man lost the keys of his circus and monsters and freaks are on the loose, attacking visitors. His stepmother, Marva, is seeing the mess he is making.

2010: Draco's stepmother Marva witnessed the mess her stepson made. A half Belgian, half Russian acrobate herself, she decides to take over the event. After she killed her stepson, she crowns herself as hostess of Walibi's Halloween. She brings her vey own Halloweenexperience to the park: Zoo Terror. One of the craziest haunted houses I have ever done!

2011: While having a break in Russia, Marva is alarmed about a zombie that would have been spotted in Walibi Belgium. All her monsters, freaks and visitors she left behind for dead, transformed into agressive zombies, looking for revenge. Marva decided to go back and eliminate the zombies. At the end of the season, she gets attacked by a hord of angry zombies and they lock her up in a dungeon.

2012: Marva has died. But returned as a zombie. She is p*ssed of with humanity cause no one tried to help her out. Her goal is to destroy humanity and create a world of zombies. She is hiding in a secret laboratory where she creates her lethal Virus-Z1, which he is hoping to release to visitors of the park. After hearing from those plans, the government has started up Project Z: a bootcamp where heartless drillinstructors prepare volunteers to start a battle against Marva's plans. The battle unleashes at the finale, where Marva succeeds in her sick plan.

2013: Marva has won the battle and celebrates her victory against humanity. She has invited her family from Russia the share in her happiness. Unlike Marva, her family is very friendly, sweet and nice and having their own restaurant which they open for guests during Halloween. But as Marva hates her family, she didn't invite her family without a reason. Her family owns some kind of huge and mysterious emerald. And that is what Marva wants...

Walibi Belgium has now announced their Halloween-theme for 2014: Zombies vs. Vampires!

2199jb.jpg

As far as we know yet, the park will open 6 haunted houses for 2014(four of them for free), including one brand new replacing Insomnia.

* Zombie River
* Mad House 3D
* ??? (replacing Insomnia, same location: the park's dodgems) (16+)
* Virus-Z1 (located behind Challenge of Tutankhamon dark-ride) (16+)
* Project Z (located in a former Ali Baba dark-ride) (16+ - all alone experience)
* Villa 13 (located in an actual house, 100 mtrs outside the park) (16+)

A premovie will be released soon I guess, but underneath the one for 2013.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8Wz6lzG5fw[/youtube]

Lofty

CF Legend
I'm hoping to make it over there for a day/night, maybe the 18th if my events permit it. Looks great.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Today, Walibi Belgium leaked some extra information about their Halloween by accident. The content was removed later.

The new haunted house for 2014 will be located at the former location from Insomnia, which is at the parks dodgems. Construction of this house is already in progress. Name for this new maze will be 'Asylum'. There is no further information yet, but the banner for it looks promising!

2014_walibi_asylum.jpg

Constructionpic from Asylum:

j81rud.jpg

After Marva and Annoushka, the two main characters from last year (they can be seen on the promotional banner), will get the company from a brand new main character this year: Igor, a vampire.

2014_walibi_asylum_igor.png

Source: Walibi Belgium and Walibiband.be

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
The transformation from dodgems to a haunted house goes on...

IMG_9618.jpg

IMG_9641.jpg

1969169_502874426515158_3977284032530382595_n.jpg

10629786_809584769093245_5595841876081200722_n.jpg

In the meanwhile, the park has also released a backgroundstory for 'Asylum', being an institution where this professor Igor, a vampire, is having insane zombies and vampieres locked up in order to create the ultimate creature: a crossing between zombies and vampires.

Source: WalibiBand, ParkFans and WalibiBelgiumFans

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Lofty said:
I like how it's actually a new narrative of both vampires and zombies. Clever.

I feel that 2014 is like somekind of 'crossover' year like they had in 2012, with their Zombie Attack. With a plottwist, being this professor create zombievampire. I believe that this might mean a huge change in haunted houses next year, with them introducing about 6 new houses, like they did in 2012.

Walibi Belgium also has this idea that they can't keep their haunted houses any longer than 3 years. Every haunted house they had has been replaced after 3 editions. Project Z and Virus-Z1 have their third edition this year.

A small presentation from the haunted houses they have for 2014, except for 'Asylum'.

Toxic River:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feRRwVCINjE[/youtube]

Virus-Z1:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igBTe1_rw2o[/youtube]

Project Z:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJKVPsv-peo[/youtube]

Villa 13:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue35oXs6lew[/youtube]

Source: Walibi Belgium, WalibiBand and Tim Heye

Lofty

CF Legend
Well, the only reason to which companies don't create new experiences each year is cost. That's the only factor and in my opinion, keep it new, keep it fresh and you'll maintain a loyal set of customers.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
All the Halloween stuff in a row:

Characters:
* Marva, Russian/Belgian trapeze-artist, zombie
* Annoushka: Russian restaurant manager, cousin from Marva, both in a huge fight, vampire
* Igor: vampire professor, manager of the Asylum, wants to create a new species: a crossover between a vampire and a zombie.
* + 150 zombies and vampires in haunted houses and across the park.

Scare Zones:
* Cyborg Area (near Project Z, army style)
* Walk of Death (tunnel between two zones with actors and lighteffects)
* Asylum Garden
* Transsylvania
* Kids Halloween

Haunted Houses:
* Toxic River - Free
* Walibi Secret 3D - Free
* Virus-Z1 (16+) - Free
* Project Z (16+) - Free
* Villa 13 (16+) - €5 during late night openings, €3 on normal days
* Asylum (16+) - €5
* Panic House 4D-movie (16+) - Free

Extra's:
* 7 late night openings
* Finale Show every late night opening
* Zombie Dinner Experience (every late night opening)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yIjQtcoko8[/youtube]

The first Halloween-weekend, October 18th and 19th, the haunted houses you have to pay for, are for free to give everyone who doesn't buy a RIP Pass the chance to do Asylum and Villa 13!

Source:
Walibi Belgium

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
The park has released their official premovie for Halloween 2014 yesterday! Enjoy!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lRWHS_vLWs[/youtube]

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Three years ago, Walibi Belgium got the idea to transform their dodgems into a haunted house. Insomnia was born. Nobody believed it could be possible to transform a simple ride into a two floor haunted house. Insomnia is now gone and they now transformed their dodgems into 'Asylum', the new maze for 2014! This is the result!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyivOo-4vCc[/youtube]

peep

CF Legend
Wow, that looks absolutely incredible inside, the effort they've gone to is amazing. Doesn't look like there's many scares though.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
peep said:
Wow, that looks absolutely incredible inside, the effort they've gone to is amazing. Doesn't look like there's many scares though.

I thought the same thing when I watched this video. However, it was filmed during the Walibi Belgium Fan Day a week ago, which was also the first day of Halloween in the park. And visiting a Halloween event the first day in Walibi means that everything is in some sort of try-out.

However, I have seen other reactions and comments from other people who went there one day later. And they said that Asylum was a short maze with big scenes but was really crazy and f*cked up by many invasions from actors and such.

Anyway, I will be in the park tommorow, so I'll see what will happen inside :D

Lofty

CF Legend
It looks similar to The Sanctuary - lovely sets but a passive experience. I'd love to hear what you thought, KristofWB

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Lofty said:
It looks similar to The Sanctuary - lovely sets but a passive experience. I'd love to hear what you thought, KristofWB

Been to the park Saturday and finally had the chance to do Asylum. Because of the mixed reactions, I didn't know what to expect at all, yet I didn't know I would be that surprised.

There is actually a story behind the ride, which is the fact that this vampire named Igor is trying to create hybrids. A cross-over between vampires and zombies, in order to create the ultimate monster to eliminate humanity.

When you enter Asylum with max. 10 visitors, you enter the lobby/reception of the asylum. Igor welcomes you personally and warns you for the danger inside and the behaviour of the hybrids. He guides you inside, where you walk into a dorm room, where crazy zombified nuns are trying to calm down new hybrids, helping a hybrid giving birth to a baby,...
The next room is a corridor where hybrids and crazy patients wander around, some of them begging you to let them out, others trying to catch you,...

The next room is some kind of room where hybrids are having dinner. A room filled with 8 tables, each seated by 8 individuals which jump up after the lights start to go on and off. The next room is some kind of mortuary/autopsy room where a freaky doctor with long grey hair s doing a autopsy on a dead body. Crazy thing is that he gets his organs out and starts waving them in visitors faces. Small disfunction of the lights and the dead body jumps up to visitors, trying to bite them and attack them.

Next stop is some kind of cold passageway with several emergency doors. At the other side of the door there is a woman who is running to the window of the door. You can see how she is chased by a hybrid, gets stabbed and smacked with her face agains the window which bursts and has blood all over the place. And then the final room, somekind of dungeon with cages and actors inside transforming into hybrids. Security fails and they get out, locking visitors up in cages and starts to attack them with chains, chainsaws,...

So to me, this is the most beautiful and best haunted houses I have seen in the 12 years I visit the park during Halloween.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
After this I'll stop promoting the Walibi Belgium Halloween event :mrgreen:

The official Halloween after-movie is released a couple of days ago!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3gVvNR8XsY[/youtube]