What's new

[Walibi Belgium] Grand Opening Pictures Aqualibi!

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Time goes by and the re-construction of Aqualibi goes on. It should be opening again at the start of 2011. Some more pictures:

26-10-2010_4.jpg

09-11-2010_1.jpg

09-11-2010_3.jpg

The whole central stairs to some of the slides will be themed like this maquette!
09-11-2010_2.jpg

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Walibi Belgium posted some new pictures on their blog Aqualibi2011. The park is nearly finished and first testings will be started soon. The waterpark has got a complete new look and many new rides. Pictures underneath:

25-01-20114.jpg

25-01-20118.jpg

25-01-20119.jpg

25-01-201110.jpg

Pictures by http://www.walibi.com (more pictures on website)

Aqualibi will open on April 9th 2011!

Tomatron

Giga Poster
The big question is...

Do you still have to wear Speedos? Or will they let in people who can wear something less embarrassing?

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Tomatron said:
The big question is...

Do you still have to wear Speedos? Or will they let in people who can wear something less embarrassing?

Yeah...only Speedos are allowed. Such a shame, but it's a general rule in Walloon (French speaking Belgium) and parts of Flanders. But don't be afraid, the water in Aqualibi is warm :wink:

A video of the grand opening with an interview with PR-Manager Caroline Crucifix:

http://video.rtlinfo.be/video/291851.aspx

Ben

CF Legend
^On paper that sounds like my actual ideal site, but, then I looked at the photos of members there <//3

Tomatron

Giga Poster
^You never came across as a chubby chaser. :lol:

I've always wondered why it's a Speedo only policy at Aqualibi. Is it something to do with the law in Belgium?

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Tomatron said:
^You never came across as a chubby chaser. :lol:

I've always wondered why it's a Speedo only policy at Aqualibi. Is it something to do with the law in Belgium?

It is an actual law in Wallonia since 2003 that visitors only can enter the pool wearing speedo's. The main reason is hygiene, because many visitors from Walibi Belgium visited the themepark in a short and went to Aqualibi for a swim with that same shorts. Imagine people doing that on a hot, sweaty day.

And for the chubby, bear, hairy lovers...I believe that Aqualibi will have their annual gay SplashParty again soon, so book your ticket :lol:

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
The first month of the brand new Aqualibi passed and Walibi Belgium made up the balance. It seems that Aqualibi is more popular than it ever was. During Easter Holiday, running from April 9th till April 24th, Aqualibi had to close their doors because the maximum capacity was reached. During its first month, 57.000 visitors took a swim in Aqualibi.

To compare, a themepark such as Bobbejaanland had 65.000 visitors during that same holiday...