What's new

Walibi Belgium celebrating...redheads!

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Since the beginning of the 2009 season, Walibi Belgium has launched the 'Big7' action. Point of this marketing strategy is to cope to the loss of Vertigo and Turbine by placing their 7 biggest, most unique and spectacular rides in the spotlight. These rides are: Werewolf, Calamity Mine, Dalton Terror, Vampire, FlashBack, Radja River and Challenge of Tutankhamon. Point of the 'Big7' is to celebrate one of those rides per month, by having a contest (a platform themed after the ride has been put at the entrance of the park with many special effects. Take a picture on the photo-point, post it on http://www.thebig7.be and win a VIP-day in Walibi Belgium for yourself and 100 friends).

In April, it was Werewolf's turn. To place the ride in the spotlights, a 1,028 km human chain was formed on the parking lot of the park, re-constructing Werewolf.

Walibi%20Belgium%20-%20Mensenketting%209%20april%20-%201.jpg

In May, the Vekoma Mine Train Calamity Mine will be placed into the spotlights. And of course, the park has released a new stunt, based on the rollercoaster.

The ride opened in 1992 under the name Colorado, but was re-named Calamity Mine after Six Flags bought the Walibi parks. The ride is located in the Lucky Luke City themed zone of the park and the name is based on Far West legend Calamity Jane. Although she really existed, she was also a character in the Lucky Luke comic books. In the comics, Calamity Jane was a powerfull red-head. For Walibi Belgium that is the reason to celebrate the 140.000 red-heads that live in Belgium. That's why the park has launched the 'Day of the Redheads' on May 30th 2009.

Every person in Belgium that has red hair, natural, dyed or wig, has to subscribe at the Walibi Belgium and will recieve free entrance to the park. They will have to pass a professional 'Red-Hair-Jury' consisting the orange kangaroo, mascot of Walibi Belgium, comic book hero Spirou, a professional hair-dresser and Calamity Jane herself...

pippi4.jpg

By far, the weirdest but however most original event I have ever seen!

Pictures by Walibi Belgium and Vinyl Revival

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Over 4000 red heads showed up for the 'Day of the Redheads' past saturday...more than the park expected. Everyone turned red that day, even the park's mascot and some of the park's managers colored their hair red for this special and funny day...

kangouroux.jpg

rassemblementroux.jpg

Pictures: Walibi Belgium