What's new

[Walibi Belgium] After Tornalloween...Zoo Terror

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
One year ago, Walibi Belgium announced that Turbine, the Schwarzkopf Shuttle Looper, would stay closed for the 2009 season. We didn't hear anything from the ride ever since.

Although...remember 'Tornalloween' from 2005? A huge Halloween haunted house that was located around the ruins of Tornado, the Vekoma Corkscrew that was cut to pieces and removed after Halloween 2005. All to make room for Vertigo. A very creative way to make people say goodbye to a ride.

And now, for 2009, Walibi Belgium announced 'Zoo Terror', a 16+ Halloween-ride that would fit in the 'Monster Festival' theme from this year. And guess three times where we can find that ride...

getattachment1bv.jpg

So...Rest in peace, Turbine (1982 - 2009)

http://www.pretparkmedia.tk

Emmett

Giga Poster
Walibi Belgium really come up with some strange ideas. I like the sound of this mixing Turbine with a horror theme. I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Okay, since the Monster Festival has started yesterday, Zoo Terror opened its doors for the first time.

The haunted house is located in the station of the ride. It is stuffed with cages with all sorts of creepy animals, freaks and monsters. You get in with a couple of people and walk around looking at the animals. At this one point, lightening strikes, lights go out and all the animals go wild in their cages, escape and attack visitors. And as we may believe people that already did Zoo Terror, they don't fear to scare the hell out of people and Zoo Terror is one of the most frightening Halloween-rides ever in Walibi Belgium. No wonder it is 16+!

A little video on Zoo Terror:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFANhzfDhR8[/youtube]

Ollie

CF Legend
Looks quite good. Shame they couldn't make it into a full attraction rather than
'walk into room'
'actors come out'
'walk out of room'
That would of made a great finale scene to a full length attraction. It does look pretty intense though.

Also is it just me or is the sound on that video messed up?

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Ollie said:
That would of made a great finale scene to a full length attraction. It does look pretty intense though.

Actually, Zoo Terror is more like a show instead of an attraction. It is all located in one room, which is the station from Turbine.

Adding intense experiences like this is pretty much of a Walibi Belgium thing. The Halloween-event in the park is really family-friendly and not all 100% blood and gore as in other parks. The point of Walibi Belgium is to create a mysterious, creepy and unsafe atmosphere that is suitable for every generation of the family: kids, teenagers, adults and even grandparents. That is why the park also has 4 kinds of Halloween-rides for every member of the family: horror for everyone in Clown's River (a Halloween version of a simple boat ride from Intamin). For the older kids there is Monster Circus, a walk-through with many scare-effects. There is Serpent, which is a walk-through through the guts of a huge snake, which is there for people who like blood and gore. And than Zoo Terror, which has the 16+ label because it's pretty intense and probably is not about the gore but more mentally scary.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
And Halloween at Walibi plus Zoo Terror seem to be a huge succes! Yesterday, the park had to close the park at 4:00 PM because the park already had over 20.000 visitors and more to come later to join the first nocturne this Halloween. The park had to warn the police to keep the traffic to the park under control.

Zoo Terror has queues that I have never seen! It takes 45 minutes to queue to get a ticket for the ride + an extra 45 minutes for the ride itself...

fotowalibizooterror.jpg

yinyang

Mega Poster
As soon as you said, guess where they put zoo terror, I didn't even have to look at the photo. Shame, but in a way it seems to be their signature goodbye to rides.
As for Zoo Terror, looks amazing, but as Ollie said, to have it at the end of an attraction, like walk into a zoo room and then the animals come out would have been cool.

Lofty

CF Legend
I love these types of attractions, 'Walk in, show, walk out'. They're great and so much fun, it means you can make them a whole lot more 'full on' too, the put-through of them is usualy amazing too!

This looks great and so SO loud lol!