What's new

Volton (RC- Re-Construction)

Xpress

Strata Poster
Yeah, pretty much the same layout as what got released by CCJared and me on CoasterSims/TPR.

This time only it's been reworked, to be smoother, and shapped more properly. It's pretty much perfect, except for the helix which needs a bit of work before I begin supporting from the zero-g-roll on (loefets track shapes aren't always easy to work with ;) ). The things that have changed are there being a helix added (like mentioned), which currently pulls 5.6g, the wingovers being more snappy at the top, and the bankings being more refined (sort of). I am totally sucked into this layout, so I'll be finsihing it with at least decent theming from Wings and Sketchup (have a buddy who can export sketchup files :D ).

But for now, a pic of the better half:

volton2.png

Xpress

Strata Poster
I really hate doing inverts, so if this turns out smooth, and as awesome as it looks, then I'll be happier than a kid in a candy store.

A

Anonymous

Xpress said:
(loefets track shapes aren't always easy to work with)
They work a lot better if you do it from 2 views in the editor.

Are you going to AHG it, like all other wuss's, as you said on TPR??

Xpress

Strata Poster
^Umm, wuss's? Quote me plz.

And Arly, that turn is comming out of the zero-g-roll. It dips down, and is actually quite curved:

volton3.png

Xpress

Strata Poster
^Umm, still in the plans :)

Obviously a station and Q. Maybee scenery interations, like a tunnel at the bottoms of the cobra.

Jer

Strata Poster
haha fixing a TPR track, if my memory sreves me right, you have your work cut out for you. A good portion of the tracks there are crappy.