What's new

Virgin Media

tks

Strata Poster
First of all I ****ing hate them.

Second does anyone know of a way I can get out of a contract with them without paying for the rest of it...

I moved house in november and took the internet with me that we started paying for in August last year, however we weren't told when we moved that the contract we took up at the new place was completele new!!! We're moving out at the end of this month and really don't fancy the prospect of paying for the internet until november without even using it..

Help? :lol:

Lain

Giga Poster
Can't you just ring them and tell them you're moving so you want to cancel the contract?

Pierre

Strata Poster
They'll charge a disconnection fee.

Same as TalkTalk, if you move home they disocnnect the old property and set up at the new one but with a new contract, if you decide to disconnect full stop and not take it up in your name anywhere else they'll charge disconnection.

If its in your name Ed, you're ****ed, if not, just move out and forget about it?!

tks

Strata Poster
Well i'm not the person who's listed on the bill or any account details, but the money comes out of my bank account.

Plus the person who's name it's in wouls probably sue me if i stopped paying. He moved out of the old house and took the net with us as payback. Our old landlord wouldn;t give him his deposit back so he sued the estate agents. I think he'd probably do the same to us.. :lol:

Is the disconnection fee alot? I'm tempted to suggest just cancelling it now and paying the rest of the money that Virgin would have got. I cba deeling with them for months and their ****ing Mumbai call centres.

A

Anonymous

What month contract are you locked into 12 18 or 24 ?

Im with Virgin but im on the end of a 12 but as im not the named person plus my teniore here isnt known as im only liveing in the flat untill its sold or im given my oun place again. I can get out of it with out paying of the whole lot and so can my father due to the sale of the bulding.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
If the place you move to doesn't have Virgin Media available, then they will not charge disconnection if you move. If you can have it, then they'll move your service to the new address.

So just tell them you're moving to America :)

Pierre

Strata Poster
Ed, whoevers name its registered in is liable for the account they wouldn't have a leg to stand on trying to claim the charges from you. Depends on if you like the bloke or not I guess? Just cancel the DD.

Or do what Phil suggested.... If you want a UK address use Flamingo Land's postcode

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/MYKMP

Harvey

Hyper Poster
I rang t mobile and told them I'd been made redundant, and couldn't afford to pay, girlfriend seven months pregnant, massive morgage, y'know, lay it on thick. I told them I was cancelling the DD, whether they liked it or not - no follow up! :D